If you like piña coladas (and getting caught in the rain) but don’t have all the ingredients or are simply too lazy to buy them and combine them to make your own from scratch, you’re in luck. Aldi is still killing the alcohol game and they’ve added a piña colada wine that will make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation right from the comfort of your home.
- Technically speaking, it’s called “Beach Colada.” However, the label features a coconut and pineapple drink that’s clearly referencing the piña colada, so that’s definitely what we’re going for here. The fact that this classic flavor is mixed with wine is double excellent.
- It’s ready-to-drink straight from the bottle. This piña colada wine is already pre-mixed and a complete cocktail, meaning it’s ready to drink straight from the bottle. Just pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours or double up on the ice and you’re away. Gotta love Aldi when it comes to creating these delicious drinks.
- You can mix this with fruit juice or another alcohol if you’d like. Many people who’ve purchased the piña colada wine from Aldi say that it’s pretty sweet and therefore some might enjoy it more when mixed with another alcohol or even fruit juice to sort of temper the intensity of the drink. Or, if you’re like me, you can drink it straight from the bottle. Up to you!
- If you want a true-to-life piña colada experience, you should add ice and blend. When you get a piña colada out at a bar or restaurant, they tend to be frozen drinks. Therefore, if you want a bit more of a traditional drink experience, you can pop Aldi’s piña colada wine into the blender with some ice and blend it up and voila! You’re golden.
- It only costs $5, so it’s a total bargain. Can’t beat that!