As you’ve probably discovered by now, the bad boys aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. In reality, they’re toxic, draining, and all around bad news — something that becomes even more clear when you finally fall in love with a legit nice guy. Suddenly, you start to realize a lot about your love life.
- The bad boys weren’t worth it. You chased every bad boy that caught your eye for years, but what did that get you? The excitement of being bad just wasn’t worth the pain. The good guys bring a different kind of adrenaline rush and it’s so much healthier.
- Relationships should be joyful, not painful. The bad boys did whatever they wanted with no consideration that your heart might be a casualty. Then you meet the good guy and you find out that relationships can not only be healthy, but happy, too. The bad boys bring the pain, but a good guy is just the Band-Aid you need to heal your broken heart.
- All the good guys aren’t actually taken. You dated one too many jerks and that caused you to make a generalization about the entire male population. Just because your love life has been plagued with bad boys thus far doesn’t mean all men treat women like crap. There are plenty of good guys out there. You just kept falling for the bad ones.
- Relationship goals are real. You’ve heard too many tales about enviable relationships. In the end, you decided that these relationship goals were just too good to be true. However, there are actually guys out there who actually put you first and make time to be with you. Shocker, I know.
- You weren’t crazy. You just knew what you deserved. Remember your ex who made you feel like you were crazy when you didn’t trust him or wanted more? Well surprise, surprise, you were right and he was wrong. You did deserve more, and he was just gaslighting you. It’s the jerks that make you feel insane, but the nice guys only make you crazy in love.
- Life is still interesting when it’s drama free. You thought that all the fights, rumors and basic bitch drama was keeping life interesting, but really it was just making it hard. Dating doesn’t have to be full of mind games and manipulation. Falling for the nice guy is still fun and exciting, but the best part is, it’s stress-free.
- Actions definitely speak louder than words. There are guys out there who can actually tell you how they feel and show it at the same time. There’s no guessing, and no mixed signals. Love can actually be easy. Who would have thought?
- There is such a thing as husband material. Stop letting the nice guys finish last. In the end, nothing is better than a thoughtful guy who actually cares. You can revel in the danger of a bad boy, but when you’re ready for something real, give the nice guy a chance.
- You were standing in the way of your own happiness. You don’t need or deserve a man’s BS. You deserve an epic love. Just like you can brand your nice guy as husband material, you finally feel confident enough to consider yourself wife material. You wanted the attention of the jerks because you couldn’t have it. It was a challenge, but the bigger challenge is realizing that you’re worthy of the nice guy.