So you’ve finally found a guy you really like and you can’t believe your luck. He’s charismatic, charming and hot as hell — the problem is, he not only seems to know he’s attractive, but he’s obsessed with it. Are you dating a narcissist? If you relate to any of the following, the answer is definitely yes:
- He never follows through on plans. If he’s got his head that far up his own ass that he can’t stick to plans, then he’s obviously wasting your time. He never thinks about the stress he’s causing you because he’s only thinking about himself.
- He doesn’t understand your feelings or even try to. If a guy is constantly making you feel like your feelings don’t matter, then he’s either not interested or a narcissistic ass. Your thoughts, feelings and ideas deserve validation. You’re not asking too much to just have a boyfriend who cares.
- You often wonder if he’ll ever love you as much as he loves himself. Your intuition is telling you that this guy will never love you the way you love him. You might try to brush it off as your own insecurity, but for once that wavering confidence might be right. You want a guy who puts you first, but with the narcissist, he’ll always be #1.
- He’s a total know-it-all. He’s more than happy to point out that you’re wrong or educate you about something he actually knows nothing about. A narcissist’s opinion is always most important than anyone else’s. In fact his, opinion is no opinion at all — it’s fact, and you’d better get use to it.
- He never asks about you or your day. Instead, he spends the majority of your precious quality time talking about himself. The narcissist loves himself so much that he’s his own favorite topic. When you try talking about yourself, he’ll cut you off or somehow transition the conversation to him. Before you know it, you know everything about him while he knows nothing about you.
- He talks a big game. He’s always quick to remind anyone who will listen how many notches are in his belt. In case you didn’t know, he’s a pretty big deal. Women would give anything just to be with him, while men just plain want to be him. Honestly, you should consider yourself lucky, because he turned down a lot of good sex to be with you.
- You know very damn well that you’re replaceable. Just as he loves to brag about the past, he’s overly confident about the future. He makes sure you know that if you left him, he’d be just fine. There are plenty of women out there who would want him and he never lets you forget it.
- He thinks he’s above the law. Narcissists don’t follow rules, because frankly they’re just too good to abide by anyone else’s standards. In his mind, he’s the exception to the rule. He’s not even breaking the rules, they just don’t apply for him. It’s logic only a true narcissist could understand.
- He puts you down to prove he’s superior. On the bright side, you can be rest assured that he thinks he’s better than everyone and anyone else, not just you. He reminds you of your flaws so you stay weak while he grows strong. Cut him some slack — he’s a gift to the world from God himself. You’re welcome.