While it wasn’t exactly a surprise, fans were still sad to hear that Britney Spears and Sam Asghari are ending their marriage after only a year. Asghari is said to have filed the paperwork in Los Angeles this week, citing “irreconcilable differences,” though TMZ claimed the decision came after a fight in which he accused her of cheating. Now, he allegedly wants the airtight prenup he signed with the “Gimme More” singer to be renegotiated to take more of her cash, or else he’ll release “extraordinarily embarrassing” information about his estranged wife.
- Who knew Sam Asghari was such a sh*tbag? Many Spears fans, I suppose. People have been speculating for years that the struggling actor was staying with Spears since she was essentially providing him with a lavish lifestyle which he’d never be able to have otherwise. It did seem more than a bit coincidental that now Spears has control of her own finances, he’s ready to check out.
- Thankfully, Spears did indeed make Asghari sign a prenup. The terms of that agreement are unknown, but legal documents like this are put in place to protect those with a considerable fortune, like Spears, from bloodsucking leaches who would try to screw them over. Asghari seems to fit the bill in that regard.
- Sam Asghari wants a huge chunk of Britney Spears’ fortune, which the prenup didn’t allow for. According to Page Six, the 29-year-old is “attempting to negotiate concessions beyond his prenup and threatening to go public with extraordinarily embarrassing information about Britney unless he gets paid.” The insider added, “So that’s what Sam is focused on.”
- A second insider says Spears has no intention of bowing down to Asghari. While it’s unclear if the prenup has an NDA rolled into it, someone with insider knowledge of Spears’ side said that she is “protected” and that “parting will be respectful.” They go on to say of Asghari’s demands, “It’s black mail and it’ll never happen.” Let’s hope not!
- Britney Spears has a net worth of $70 million. However, a lot of that cash has had to be spent on legal fees and child support for her sons, 17-year-old Sean Preston and 16-year-old Jayden. Still, there’s a considerable amount left that Asghari shouldn’t get much of, if any. Hopefully, her lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, made the prenup airtight.
- She really can’t catch a break. As gross as Asghari’s behavior is, sadly, it’s not really surprising. And it’s not even the saddest part. The worst part is that Spears only just got out of an oppressive 13-year conservatorship and obviously thought this guy loved her and had her back. However, he turned out to be like all the rest — only around for what he get out of her. Here’s hoping she’s okay.