While society would like women to believe that our sole purpose on this planet is to be attractive to the male population, that’s obviously a load of crap. You don’t need to be conventionally beautiful to be successful or lead a fulfilling life, and you certainly don’t need to look like a supermodel to get a guy’s attention. In fact, if you’re relying on being hot to score dudes, you’re playing a losing game.
- LOOKS FADE. I’ll just state the obvious—you’re not going to be young, hot, and super snatched for the rest of your life. Time waits for no one and things change, get bigger, sag, get wrinkled, etc. There’s nothing you can do about it. You can always get plastic surgery, but not everyone has the resources or desire to do that. You’ll have to come to grips with the fact that there’ll always be someone younger and prettier than you. It’s just how it goes.
- UGLY IS TO THE BONE. Ever met someone who’s drop-dead gorgeous but has a crappy attitude? It totally overshadows their physical hotness. Looking like a supermodel isn’t the most important thing in life, especially when you have a horrible personality. Most guys will be smart enough to know that pursuing something with you isn’t worth it. If he isn’t smart enough to notice, his friends and family will show him the light.
- CONFIDENCE IS SEXY AF. Confidence is something that’s obvious in the way you carry yourself and a lot of men find that really attractive. Not too many guys want to deal with a woman who’s constantly down on herself, insecure, or scared of her own shadow. This is why you often see a lot of women who aren’t necessarily conventionally attractive in happy relationships with gorgeous guys. It’s all about loving yourself as-is.
- BEING INDEPENDENT IS KEY. A lot of guys find independent women more attractive than women who look like supermodels and don’t have anything going on in their lives. I know plenty of beautiful women who don’t even have their own place to live or their own car. It’s something about commanding your life that really shows what you’re all about. Many men are interested in independent women because they see themselves as being able to build with them instead of just financing their lifestyle.
- PERSONALITY SPEAKS VOLUMES. You might be gorgeous, but what else do you have to offer? Can you actually hold a conversation of substance or are you too self-absorbed? Some men may find that attractive only because they’re caught up in appearances, but eventually, they wake up from the spell they’re in and realize they’re in a relationship with a life-sized doll with no original thoughts of her own.
- LOYALTY IS IMPORTANT. Finding someone who’s loyal is hard as hell since everyone is out for themselves. However, once you find someone who displays that kind of dedication, you want to hold on to them, regardless of how they look. As an aside, some of the most beautiful people aren’t loyal because they feel as though they’re so gorgeous that they can get anyone, so they do. What a mess.
- YOUR SUPPORT IS PRICELESS. Someone who’s extremely self-absorbed and fixated on their appearance often doesn’t have time for anyone else but themselves. Therefore, supporting a man and their endeavors isn’t even a passing thought. Men view a woman who are willing and able to show support for the things that they do, no matter how small, as invaluable. There’s nothing like getting a pat on the back or receiving recognition for something you’ve done that’s important to you.
- TRUSTWORTHINESS GOES A LONG WAY. A woman could be the most beautiful woman in the world but if she’d sleep with your best friend the moment you’re not around, is she really worth it? Hell no. Just as you want to be able to trust the guy you’re with, he should be able to say the same about you. If he can’t, what’s the point?
- Attitude is everything. Positivity and fun are important in any relationship. No one wants to be with a Debbie Downer all the time. You could be a gorgeous supermodel and bore someone to death because you don’t have any interesting going on in your life. You’re not fun to be around and no one wants to be around someone who’s negative all the time or wouldn’t know fun if it bit them in the butt.