It’s 2016 and life isn’t a Disney fairytale. These days, Prince Charming can turn out to be a giant jerk, and you certainly don’t need a guy by your side to complete your badass, amazing life. You’ll find the right guy for you eventually and he’ll be strong enough to stand beside you as an equal partner. For now, don’t worry about Prince Charming — you’re already a Queen.
- You live your life for you. When you wake up and start your days, you’re designing and planning everything for yourself. You eat what you want, go where you want to go and reach for the goals and dreams that you’ve come up with on your own. Don’t downplay your life. It’s truly fantastic that you don’t have to answer to anyone — you’ve built your own throne.
- Your chasing goals for yourself, not for a diamond ring. When you want something in life, it’s something you want for you and you only, not to please a guy in your life. You chase goals and hobbies that mean something to you. You’re being completely yourself and you’re not acting any certain way just to get a guy to like you more. You realize that the right guy for you is going to need to love you for who you truly are — otherwise he’s not the right guy for you.
- Guys are just a happy bonus in your life. When you do meet a guy who seems great, you don’t make him the be-all, end-all of your existence — you still have a life of your own. Part of being an independent queen is knowing that you need to satisfy your own needs and wants (which you’ve been doing all along) before you can entertain any guy. The men in your life are simply a happy bonus; you’re still the main event.
- You’ve earned the right to brag about your life without a guy. You don’t need to feel bad when you brag about the things you’ve accomplished and achieved on your own. Just because you’re not in a relationship and achieving those relationship milestones doesn’t mean that you don’t have a right to be proud of who you’ve become. Queens are always proud of their empires, even if there’s no King standing next to them.
- You’re slaying your career. You’ve worked your ass off to build the kind of life you can see yourself living for years to come, and you should be proud of that fact. Having passions and a career outside of a guy’s affections is a key component to being a queen. Plus, surviving on your own is sexy AF.
- You come home to your very own empire. When you step foot into your home, you take pride knowing that the fortress in front of you is completely yours to rule. You’re a badass woman who built herself from the ground up without any help other than your own motivation to succeed. Is there anything better than standing in your own castle?
- You’re strong enough to defend yourself. You don’t need a guy to rescue you — you rescue yourself. You’ve learned to pick, choose and fight your own battles as you see fit. An independent queen doesn’t play damsel in distress; you straighten your crown and handle it yourself. You’ve got this.
- You’re confident because you love yourself. You’re a queen, therefore you don’t need a guy to make you feel beautiful — you already know you are. When you look at yourself in the mirror and see everything that you are from the surface right down to the core, you’re proud as hell about the fact that no one can take credit for the amazing woman that you are. You came, you saw and you’re conquering — all on your own.
- You don’t need to be completed — you’ve completed yourself. You could meet the perfect guy for you, or you could continue on to rule your empire solo; the fate of your kingdom remains unknown. In the meantime, you don’t really care if Prince Charming hasn’t showed up yet because you’re not looking to fill any holes in your life. You’re not incomplete because you took the time to complete yourself. You love exactly who you are and take extreme pride in the fact that you did this crap all on your own.