I’m not a fortune teller, but I know what my future holds — at least I know what I want it to hold. I want true love. I want a husband, kids, a family, support and love. What I don’t want is a guy who just wants to have fun until something better comes along. If you don’t see a future with me, don’t waste my time.
- I’m in it for the real deal. I’m not interested in just a fling — I want true love. You might want to have fun while it lasts, but I’m taking love more seriously than that. Some girls might be perfectly fine with the “keeping it casual” scenario, I’m just not one of them.
- I’m not just playing the game. I’m playing to win. I’m a girl who knows what I want and what I deserve and I have every intention of getting it and not settling for anything less. I don’t want to spend time planning a future with a guy who doesn’t plan on being in it.
- I can handle the truth. Maybe you thought we could be something more; maybe you changed your mind and that’s okay. What’s not okay is to continue leading me on when you no longer see a future. If you can’t imagine spending forever with me, that’s fine — you just have to tell me.
- I could be out finding “The One.” Instead, I’m wasting my time with you because I (foolishly) think there’s still a chance that you could be it. If I’m not the girl for you, set me free. I don’t want to continue hanging on to a guy who doesn’t love me back. I’m ready to find my forever; the only thing holding me back is you.
- The longer we’re together, the more you’ll break my heart. If I’m dating you, then I obviously think we could last. If I’m sadly mistaken, just let me go. Don’t string me along. Don’t let me fall for you harder than I have already. Breaking up is one thing, but shattering our memories is another. If you want to let me down easy, then the sooner you do so, the better.
- I’ve “wasted” enough time already. I’ve had love, I’ve lost love and I learned from it, but I’m not going to keep repeating the same mistakes. The second you stop believing in our future, I want to stop believing in it too. I can’t get back the time I spent with my ex, but you can save me from wasting any more time on you.
- If there’s no future, then for me there’s no present. You might be perfectly fine watching the days go by with a woman you’ll never love, but for me, that’s a tragedy. I believe in love, and I won’t want to spend a second more on a man with no possibility. I’m living in the now, but I’m also planning for the future. If that future won’t be with you, I’d rather put you in the past.