A Nebraska funeral home worker was arrested after he allegedly broke into a dead man’s apartment for an intimate encounter with a life-sized blow-up doll. According to the Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office, 41-year-old Ryan Smith and a colleague were sent to Rock Creek Apartments in Omaha to retrieve the body of the deceased male, which is when Smith saw something he really rather liked.
- The dead man had a life-sized sex doll next to his bed. Investigators say that Ryan Smith saw the doll when he came to collect the body and devised a creative plan to try to get it for himself, per documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.
- Smith called the apartment complex’s manager and made a rather odd request. Smith claimed that the local sheriff’s office needed the doll in order “to collect swabs for biopsy.” The property manager thought it was a “strange request” and declined to turn the doll over, so Ryan Smith took matters into his own hands.
- He broke into the apartment to get the doll. The property manager told police he later went to the deceased man’s apartment, where he found Smith inside despite the fact that the door had been locked with a deadbolt and chain.
- Smith clearly enjoyed himself at the apartment. When he was caught by the property manager, Smith ran away with his pants in “disarray” and his shirt untucked. The doll was examined by police and found to be “sticky.” An arrest affidavit added that “something had rubbed her inner thighs.” Gag me!
- A local sheriff did actually collect the doll this time. The deputy said it was “so that I could have her processed for DNA.” As the investigation continues, Mid America First Call, where Smith worked, has fired him. It’s unclear what charges Smith faces, though breaking and entering is certainly among them.