You know that guy who’s really awesome but just kind of skating through life with no real motivation or ambition? Yeah, you shouldn’t date him. You might have great chemistry and like that he’s always down for a good time, but the guy who’s lazy AF just isn’t boyfriend material — here’s why:
- He’s not a man. He’s a child. Laziness is the mark of an immature man. You have to push him to do anything, whether it’s to do with his job, housework or your relationship. You start to feel more like his mom than his girlfriend — and worst of all, he’ll resent you for it. WTF?
- He’ll never make an effort. Not in life and definitely not in your relationship. He’s perfectly fine with doing the bare minimum just to get by. He’s never had to work for a single thing in his life and he’s not going to start now. You want him to be the guy that fights for you but that’s just not in his nature. If you’re not happy carrying the weight of most of your relationship (and who is?), you’ll be miserable.
- You’re destined to be his sugar mama. The boy doesn’t know how to work, so how could he ever pay? He can’t foot the bill because he can’t handle a job, money or anything else in his life. Being with him is more like taking care of a child (emotionally and financially) than having a boyfriend. Do you really want to sign yourself up for that responsibility?
- You’ll never build a future. He can’t muster the brainpower to think about five minutes from now, so how do you expect him to think about your life 5 years from now? You’ll always want more from him, but he doesn’t care enough to give you anything else. You’re waiting on a future that will never come because at the end of the day, he just doesn’t care about anything but right now.
- He’ll always go back to what’s easy. He’ll settle for a girl he doesn’t really love as long as she doesn’t make him work for their relationship. He wants everything in his life to just come to him on its own. He doesn’t know what real love is worth because he doesn’t really know the worth of anything since he’s never had to earn it. He just wants sex, because most of the time that comes easy.
- No matter what you ask, you’re asking too much. If he has to make any sort of effort at all then you’re automatically classified as a needy girlfriend. You knew who he was when you got into this, so why would you expect him to be anything other than lazy as hell?
- If you want him to care, you’re officially crazy. Or at least that’s what he’ll think. He’ll convince you that you’re the crazy one for ever thinking he’d actually work for a relationship. You shouldn’t go into a relationship expecting him to change because the truth is, he never will.
- He’ll never commit. Commitment takes work, and you know how he hates to work. You want a man who is willing to go the extra mile, but this boy couldn’t make it a single mile. You’re waiting on a ring he can’t afford, an aisle he’ll never have the courage to walk down and a lifetime he’s too lazy to give you. Good luck with that.