Dogs get a lot of praise for being exceptionally clever and coming to their owners’ rescue on many occasions. However, cats are just as intelligent and caring, as evidenced by the little kitty who meowed until neighbors came to the rescue of its elderly owner. Thank goodness for little Piran.
- Piran’s 83-year-old owner had fallen down a ravine. There was no way she was going to be able to get out on her own, so Piran continued to meow so he could try and get someone’s attention. It was a true cry for help.
- Most people just think meowing cats are annoying. Admittedly, that’s what the woman’s neighbors in Cornwall, England, initially thought. They ignored him for ages, figuring he was just being a cat. However, they soon realized something was amiss.
- The woman’s carer first noticed she was missing. When she came to see the woman, she was nowhere to be found. The carer immediately called the authorities. “We were initially called by the female’s carer, who reported her as missing,” said Bodmin Police community support officer Eleanor Richards in a statement to Newsweek. “The female lives in a rural location and her property is surrounded by large fields.”
- Authorities looked everywhere for her to no avail. However, then the woman’s neighbor noticed her cat, Piran, “in the top corner of a large field near her property.” The cat was meowing, leading the neighbor to “look through the hedgerow.” All of a sudden, they heard the woman shouting for help.
- The elderly woman was lucky to be alive. Authorities say she fell “approximately 70 feet down a very steep embankment, with incredibly difficult access and uneven terrain,” according to a Facebook post.
- Thankfully, she was okay in the end, and it’s all down to her hero cat, Piran! “It’s a massive ‘well done’ to all the emergency services who worked together and to Piran,” the neighbor told BBC News. “The outcome could have been a lot worse.”