Breakups suck even more when your ex acts like they don’t even miss you. There’s no reason they shouldn’t — you were together for a long time and you’re amazing, after all. Whether he’s completely faking it and dying inside that you’re no longer his better half or if he’s just an idiot who doesn’t realize what he’s missing out on now, here are a few ways to remind him that you’re a 10/10 and he should be a mess without you.
- Work on feeling your absolute best. We all walk, talk, and act differently when we feel confident and beautiful. Achieving that could look like a lot of different things. Maybe you’ll hit the gym a little harder so you’re feeling fit and toned. Or maybe you’ll go out and buy yourself a killer new outfit that makes you feel like a total boss babe. Maybe you’ll start journaling your feelings every day and make a brand new vision board with pictures of all of the goals you want to achieve. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, do as much of it as possible. Feeling and acting confident makes you carry yourself differently and that will definitely turn your ex’s head.
- Be quieter on social media. You may think that it’s a good thing to post incessantly when you’ve just gone through a breakup to show your ex just how happy you are without them. However, men are always after the chase and they’re usually a little more intrigued by some mystery. If you’re not as active on your social media accounts and just focus on dominating life without posting about it, it could end up working in your favor. Chances are, your ex is checking your posts on the reg, curious about what you’re up to. If he doesn’t know every detail, he’ll start to wonder and that will make him miss you more. It’s worth a try!
- Go out and live your life! Turning to your friends and family for console and love when you’re going through a breakup can be a crucial point in the healing process. Not only will this help you get through everything but chances are, your ex knows your close friends and your family depending on how long you were together. If he hears from other people that you’re going out, living it up, and fully embracing your singleness, he’s bound to start feeling some breakup remorse.
- Take some time for just you. On the other side of that token, make sure you’re taking time to just be with yourself and really focus on self-care. It’s a fact that the more self-love we give ourselves, the more self-improvement we achieve. So, start a new hobby, take a bubble bath (or three), reorganize your closet Marie Kondo style, have a nice glass of wine (or four), just take that me time and enjoy every minute of it. You’ll start to feel like the best version of yourself and trust me, your ex will notice.
- Try out a new look. There is nothing wrong with the way you look right now. I repeat. NOTHING WRONG. However, breakups can put us through a lot, and sometimes it feels good to try out a new style and freshen up your look a bit. It doesn’t have to be anything majorly drastic like dying your hair blue or completely shaving your head (but if that’s what you’re feeling, I’m here for it!). You could do something as simple as buying a new jacket or trying out a new style of makeup. Make sure that whatever you’re doing is authentic to who you are but feel free to have some fun and try something new. Your ex will definitely notice the change and it’s sure to make him realize that you’re unpredictable and exciting.
- Be good and do good. The real reason someone should feel so #blessed to be with you should be because of the kind of person that you are. Show them what they are missing out on by the way you live your life professionally and personally. Keep doing your thing and give back to others. Work hard at your day job and then play hard once work is done for the day. Be there for your family and friends, give back to your community, and put good back into the world. This isn’t something you do for praise or attention but I promise you that you’ll feel great about yourself and that goodness and love will radiate. It’ll remind your ex that he’s not only losing a beautiful face, but he’s also losing an incredible person who makes this world a better place.
- Tell them how you feel. Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to just express your feelings to them. Write him a message or say to him calmly that it’s a shame that your relationship has to end because you’re a total catch and he truly will miss you whether he ever admits it or not. The most important thing to remember is to stay calm if you’re going to talk to him. You don’t want to act out of anger or impulse and shout and call names. All that will do is give him ammo to use when he’s trying to justify why the two of you aren’t together anymore. As I said, it might not be for everyone, but you’d be surprised how relieved you may feel once you get it off your chest.
- Write a therapeutic letter. You might be reading the last tip and be thinking, “How the heck am I going to text him? He blocked me!” That might be the case. However, as I said in the last point, you don’t say these things to him to see his response, you do it because it’s going to help you. Something you might want to try if you can’t or don’t want to reach out to him in person is to write him a letter that you never send. Sit down and write out all of your feelings and thoughts on paper. Address him in the letter, telling him specifically how he hurt you and why he made a huge mistake in letting you go. After you finish, you can either throw the letter away or save it so you can look back on it and remind yourself that you’re a total queen who deserves the best!
- When you’re ready, put yourself back out there. Don’t push yourself too soon, but when you feel ready, give it a go! Whether you’re an app dater, you’ve had your eye on a single cutie at work, or your friends have someone in mind for you, try a few dates and see if there’s someone special who truly appreciates how amazing you are and everything you have to offer. Before you know it, you may be in a new relationship and happier than you ever were with your ex. Trust me, he’ll definitely start to notice that and he’ll realize how stupid he was to let you go.