You know you should get out more — and you want to! — but you’re the master of coming up with every excuse under the sun for why you should stay home. After all, it’s cozy there. Why go out when there’s Netflix and frozen pizzas? Unfortunately, sometimes being a homebody can actually keep you from having a lot of fun. Stop using those tired excuses for staying in and motivate yourself to go out with one of these, instead:
“I’m missing a potential adventure.” You know exactly what’s going to happen if you stay in, but going out is a mystery. That’s not scary–that’s exciting. You might just go on an adventure that creates lasting memories. Or not, but you’ll never know if you don’t go.
“I don’t really want to be this person.” You’re just stuck in a rut right now. It’s gotten easier to stay home than make the effort to go out. But that’s no reason to stay in. If you don’t like your life, change it.
“I only have to be outside for a few minutes.” This one’s great when you’re using the weather as an excuse. Sure, it’s cold or rainy, but if you’re driving, you only deal with those elements on your way to and from the car.
“I’ll feel better if I go.” Remember the last time you attended a party? You felt pretty happy and in tune with yourself when you were there. Embrace that.
“I never regret it when I go out.” Let’s talk regret. When are you more likely to regret something? Staying in and missing everything or going out and spending time with friends? Chances are, you’ve never regretted the latter.
“I could use some friend time.” While it’s nice being alone, your friends know just how to bring out your silly side. If it’s been a while, call them up.
“I’m feeling lonely, and that’s not cool.” Being alone isn’t a bad thing…unless you’re starting to feel the icy pangs of loneliness. Though it can be hard to drag yourself out of the house when you feel like that, that’s precisely the right time to do so.
“Everything will be here when I get back.” You can always hang out at home. Netflix and frozen pizza will be there when you get back. Just this once, do something different.
- 7 Subtle Signs You’re Hotter Than You Think
- I Had No Idea I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship—Don’t Make The Same Mistake
- “Kittenfishing” Is The New Dating Trend Even YOU Might Be Guilty Of
- Do You Act Like A Hot Girl Or An Ugly Girl? Here Are 20 Differences
- 12 Things That Might Make You Think He Doesn’t Have An STD But You’re Wrong
- Unless These 13 Things Are True, He’s Probably Not Trying To Be Your Boyfriend
- 12 Texts You’ve Definitely Received If You’ve Got An Amazing Boyfriend
- What’s Your Sexiest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
Share this article now!