Fellas, I get it — approaching women is difficult and terrifying. But you know what else super sucks? Having to reject you. We hope that all men will respect our decision and accept it graciously, but not all men do. Some men respond with anger, insults, or manipulation. And while it’s nice to get immediate confirmation that we were right to turn you down, it’s also really friggin’ rude and annoying. Here are 9 examples of terrible phrases all women hate hearing after rejecting a guy:
- “I thought you were different.” Different from what? From all the other women who also don’t want to be with you? Guess not. But your little comment hasn’t shaken my sense that I’m a wonderful, unique woman who deserves respect, if that’s what you meant.
- “You played me.” You caught me! It’s definitely my sole purpose in life to trick men into desiring me, only to turn them down for kicks. What a fun game! Or maybe, just maybe, the more likely scenario is that I engaged in a conversation with you that lead to me to the decision that I’m not interested. But, you’re right, only a mind game playing sociopath would turn YOU down.
- “You’re not that hot, anyway.” OK, I didn’t know I had to be super hot in order to mind my own business in public, but thanks for weighing in on that. Maybe the next time a man approaches me, I’ll lead off with, “I’m not that hot” just to save him the time of figuring that out for himself.
- “But I bought you dinner/drinks/flowers/a present.” I will literally fully reimburse you if you stop talking right now. Trying to guilt a woman into sex is one of the most repulsive things a man can do on a date. You’re not owed anything after treating a woman. Also, I don’t know what the going rate for sex is these days, but I’m pretty sure a $30 bar tab won’t cover it.
- “I was really only interested in your better looking friend.” By all means, go for it! You deserve to be rejected twice.
- “I only asked because you look like a sure thing.” Wow. Must suck getting rejected by a sure thing. You should probably go home and think about all your major flaws and defects that lead to this happening.
- “I was trying to do you a favor.” Does it look like I’m desperately begging for Ds? I’m pretty positive there’s no charity for pathetic women who are anxiously awaiting a pity lay, because those women don’t exist. Take your good deeds elsewhere, creeper.
- “You’re a bitch.” Or a cunt, prude, stuck up loser, or any other number of insults. If I’m so awful, why would you want to be with me, anyway? Looks like I did you a favor by sparing you of any additional time with me.
- “You seemed like a nice girl.” Maybe I’m nice, maybe I’m not. Either way, my level of interest in having sex with you is in no way an indicator of how nice I am. And I’m not a girl, I’m a strong woman who is quite frankly exhausted of politely turning men down only to be angrily lashed out at.