It’s hard to believe that Christmas is only a little more than a week away, but here we are. And while the seasonal treats have been lining store shelves for what feels like months now, there was one thing missing from the holiday lineup that I was worried might not make an appearance. Thankfully, Krispy Kreme has brought back its gingerbread donuts just in time!
- They’re only around for a very limited time. It seems like Krispy Kreme was holding out on us this year, as they only brought back their gingerbread donuts on December 16 and they’re only available until Christmas Eve. That’s only a one-week window in which to indulge in one of the tastiest seasonal flavors ever.
- There are two different varieties to choose from. Not content with only one gingerbread donut, Krispy Kreme has two to choose from this year, one glazed and one filled. After all, everyone appreciates a little variety, right?
- The Gingerbread Glazed Doughnut is a total classic. This one is exactly what you’d expect: a deliciously spiced gingerbread dough with a touch of cinnamon that’s later covered with a gingerbread molasses glaze. It’s simple, sweet, and really yummy.
- If you appreciate a little filling, you’ll want the Gingerbread Glazed Original Filled Cheesecake Doughnut. It sounds like a bit of a mouthful (pun intended) but trust me, this one isn’t to be missed. It uses the same spiced gingerbread dough as the glazed donut, but this one is filled with a cheesecake Kreme that really takes it up a few notches.
- This is exactly what we needed to make our holiday celebrations complete. “Everyone on the nice list deserves our delicious, melt-in-your-mouth Gingerbread Glazed Doughnuts,” Chief Marketing Officer of Krispy Kreme Dave Skena said in a statement. “We’re happy to bring back this holiday favorite.” We’re happy you did too!