You could spend all your time chasing down your dream guy or do something more productive, like watching Netflix. Personally, I like the Netflix option. It’s boring as hell getting dolled up, hoping some guy notices you and then doing it all over again to go out on a date that may or may not go anywhere. Why put in more effort than you have to? I’ve watched lazy girls and strangely enough, they’re more successful at dating. Try their guide to dating and see how it works for you.
- Let others do the legwork. Your friends and family have been dreaming of the day when you’ll come to them and say, “Feel free to set me on a blind date.” Just like that, you have your own personal dating network. They do all the legwork and you get to do whatever you want in the meantime. No checking dating sites 24/7 or hitting the club in uncomfortable dresses just to hook up. It’s simple, it’s free and if it doesn’t work out, you get to blame everyone else.
- Skip the group hunting party. Most women love to go out in groups to hunt guys. Yes, that’s exactly what this is, a hunting party. The idea is to work as a group to find guys for everyone. It’s also a pain in the ass. Try getting a bunch of girls together and keeping them focused. It’s easier to herd cats. Pick one friend and go out instead. It’s less work and less intimidating to guys. Plus, less women equals less competition.
- Leave the pretty, pretty princess routine at home. Believe it or not, most nice guys prefer a woman who doesn’t look like an over processed princess. Ease up on the makeup, perfect hair and nearly nothing clothes. You can be just as sexy with a pair of tight jeans, a t-shirt and a ponytail. Simple really is better and it takes a lot less time. Okay, if you’re going somewhere really nice, you might want to try dressing up a little, but still keep things simple.
- Sports bars are far more fun. A guy’s favorite hangout isn’t the hottest new club. That’s where the sleezeballs go for a quickie. Guys like casual so they go to sports bars. It’s a fun place to get a great burger and be the center of attention. Trust me, a woman shows up at a sports bar and guys take notice. You’ll probably even get more free drinks. A+ if you know anything about sports.
- Use Tinder. Hookups are great if that’s all you’re looking for. Sometimes they even turn into real dates. Tinder couldn’t be easier to use. It should be a number one tool in the guide to dating. All you have to do is swipe based on looks. Even the laziest among us can handle that. Believe it or not, some have even found love using the app. I know, sounds nuts, but hey, crazier things have happened.
- Be a cheap date. I’m being literal here. It’s much more relaxing for both of you to go to a cheaper restaurant and do something free or cheap in the area. You don’t have to get super dressed up and if he’s paying, you don’t feel like you should put out just because dinner and a movie hit triple digits. The guy also loves it when you suggest something cheap.
- Skip any serious conversations. It takes far too much effort to maintain a serious conversation during the first few dates. The idea is to have fun and learn a little about each other. You don’t need to share your life story and you don’t need to hear his. Why waste time spilling your guts if it’s not going to last past the second or third date? Relax and have fun.
- Double date. It might seem like more trouble, but have you ever noticed how hard it is to come up with conversation topics on a first date? It’s too difficult to bother with. The lazy girl solution is to bring another couple along. They’ll keep the conversation going and you just jump in when you want. It’s entertaining and you’re not constantly being stared at as a guy waits for you to say something mind-blowing.
You really don’t have to put in a ton of effort to date. Treat it as a fun side hobby. Surprisingly enough, it makes dating less awkward and you might actually enjoy it.