I’ve taken plenty of showers and baths with my boyfriend, but not once had I considered asking him to wash my hair until recently. If you’ve never done it, I recommend giving it a try.
- He was actually really into the idea. I love having my hair played with—I can barely describe the kind of tingles it gives me. It’s not usually a sexual thing but more of a relaxing, zen thing. In the past, I’ve jokingly asked my boyfriend to braid, comb, or basically do anything with my hair and was always met with vague confusion. I figured I’d receive the same response when I asked him to wash my hair on a whim while we were in the shower. Shockingly, he didn’t think it was weird—he actually seemed to enjoy it as much as I did, maybe because I kept him occupied until the conditioner was ready to be washed out.
- It’s the ultimate act of foreplay. You’d think by now I’d stop being a hopeless romantic, but no—I still want as close to movie love as possible and I get turned on by romantic gestures like lighting candles and soft music. I didn’t expect my boyfriend washing my hair to be the sensual experience it was but I couldn’t get enough of it. Shower sex isn’t always the most gracious act, but the hair washing certainly helped to bring it close.
- Using exotic essential oils definitely helped the experience. The more luxurious you can make it, the more sensual an experience it’s going to be. I whipped out my expensive products for our adventure, including the shampoo and conditioner I keep for special occasions. They contain an exotic blend of essential oils that’s unmistakably sexy. Even when I use them on my own, I can’t get enough of their scent. Scents are very evocative and added an extra romantic dimension to our couples hair washing session.
- He loved it as much as I did. As he massaged the lather into my head, I closed my eyes and let myself drift off. The warm water trickling down my back, the smell of the essential oils, and the feel of his powerful hands delicately working his magic were enough on their own to send me over the edge. As I opened my eyes, I could see he’d been watching my face the entire time, loving how much pleasure he was giving me.
- It helped refresh our bond and make it even stronger. The daily grind can make it hard to put time aside to actually bond together. Quickies in the morning don’t really do it for me and washing my hair is something I have to do anyway, so blending some bonding time into my daily routine is an easy way for me to feel closer to my partner.
- We had a good laugh too. Who doesn’t love to laugh with their boyfriend? In addition to the sensuality of the whole thing, it was also ridiculously hilarious to see that he had no idea what he was doing! First, my hair was barely wet before he started pouring half the bottle of shampoo into his cupped hands. Honestly, he wanted to use as much shampoo needed for seven heads of waist-length hair on my pixie cut, which had me buckled over laughing. It also cleared up the reason he goes through more shampoo than I do even though he only washes his hair, like, once a month!
- It was less back-breaking for me. A couple of months ago, I had very long hair, roughly elbow length; now it’s above my shoulders. Before I cut it, I was that person that had to gear myself up to wash my hair, dreading the effort involved. I only wish I’d discovered the joy of having my boyfriend wash my hair every time when it was long and such a chore!
- Towel drying was also amazing. I haven’t actually had him do the full works including a blow dry and straightening or curling, but he did softly towel dry my hair afterward. It was the perfect accompaniment to the hair-washing and just as sensual, putting me in the perfect mood to move into the bedroom.
- If showering together isn’t your thing, a scalp massage would work. If being under the water together simply isn’t your thing, you could also adapt this erotic hair washing technique into a simple scalp massage. Couples massages are excellent for exploring each other’s bodies and getting to know what feels good to you and your partner. Next time, swap your body massage for a scalp massage to mix it up and feel something new.