As a plant parent, you know all of your babies are beautiful and unique in their own way. You also know that you can never have too many plants in your house and garden, even if you’re running out of room to display them. That’s why getting some of these incredible vibrant-colored live air plants is basically a no-brainer.
- The official name is Tillandsia. Tillandsia is comprised of about 650 different species of evergreen plants native to Mexico and the southeastern US, the Caribbean, and even all the way down to Argentina. They’re known as air plants because they’re able to attach to basically anything, from tree branches and rocks to telephone poles.
- Air plants aren’t naturally so brightly colored. In nature, you’ll find live air plants to have green, silvery leaves. However, Etsy seller HardinsFamilyGardens found an ingenious way to bring a little vibrancy to the plant, using plant-safe paint to imbue a host of colors.
- You can get air plants in 10 different colors. Whether you want green and blue, pink and purple, or a more traditional rainbow array, they’re available in 10 incredible shades. The plants are small, at about 4″ to 5″ wide, and because they’re live air plants, all of them will look a little bit different, which only makes them more unique.
- They’re easy enough to grow and care for. However, you may not fare all that well if you live somewhere that gets cold since these plants prefer a warmer environment. They’ll also need some strong sunlight but adequate shade during the hottest part of the day. In other words, they’ll do best in their native environments but with a little hard work, you could probably help them thrive wherever you are.
- Want some live air plants of your own? Check out HardinsFamilyGardens on Etsy HERE. Happy ordering!