If you feel like you’re the only one left forever alone while everyone you know seems to be settling down with their soulmate and having eight billion kids, think again. New research has revealed that more millennials are single than ever before.
A record high number of young people are single.
Getting married and settling down young might have been the norm 20-30 years ago, that’s certainly not the case today. Since the 1980s, the number of single young people has continued to dramatically increase and is now at an all-time high.
More than half of millennials aren’t in a relationship.
According to new research published in the General Social Survey, 51% of people between the ages of 18-24 didn’t have a “steady partner” as of 2018. In comparison, back in 2004, that number was only at 33%. That means a lot more of us are rolling solo these days.
Marriage rates are going down too.
While about 39% of 18 to 24-year-olds were married in 2004, that number is now at a much lower 28%. That’s an 11% decrease in the past 15 years, which isn’t insignificant. Back in 1986, the number of married young people was even higher at 48%. Noticing a trend here?
If you are meeting someone, it’s probably happening online.
Data published by Match.com in 2017 revealed that four in 10 people had met their partner on a dating site or elsewhere on the internet. These days, it’s much less likely to meet someone randomly at a bar or even to be set up by a friend. If you’re looking for a connection, you’ll have better luck by signing on.
Bottom line? Don’t feel bad if you’re on your own.
You’re definitely not alone. Whether you’re single by choice or just because you haven’t met someone worthwhile yet, there’s nothing wrong with being single. For now, concentrate on living your best life all on your own. There’s no reason you can’t live an amazing life, relationship-free.
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!