It’s easy for guys to be totally charming on their dating profiles, but when you actually meet in real life, they’re often anything but. Thankfully, there’s a new app called Once that’s changing the game by allowing women to actually leave reviews on the guys they date so that you know what you’re getting yourself into and can avoid wasting any more of your precious time. Sounds awesome, right?
- It takes the guesswork out of dating. Sure, it can be exciting to go into a date not knowing whether or not you’re about to meet your next great love, but most women don’t look forward to going in blind when it comes to their personal safety. If you’re looking for a real, meaningful connection rather than a quick hookup, reading other women’s reviews of a guy will let you know what you’re in for so you can feel less nervous, more confident, and like the best version of your totally amazing self.
- It encourages good behavior from guys. Guys shouldn’t need motivation to act like gentlemen, but the truth is that some of them do. Knowing that the women they’re dating are going to give honest feedback about their experiences will likely make guys think twice about how they act when they’re out with you. That means fewer creepy come-ons and more respect, manners, and even a bit of chivalry—at least that’s the idea.
- It means you’re more likely to find a meaningful match. When you see that a guy’s reviews state that he was super sweet but talked about Star Wars a lot and is a total nerd, you might realize right away that he’s not the one for you. On the other hand, he could be your perfect match and that review might just tip the scales on your decision to message him. You could connect to his profile itself, but getting the lowdown from your fellow ladies seems way more reliable and informative.
- It increases the chance of physical chemistry too. How many times have you met up with a guy you matched with in person, only to find he looks pretty much nothing like his photos? Once doesn’t just offer women the ability to rate their date via a 5-star system, but you can also rate the accuracy of a guy’s profile photo so that you won’t miss him at the restaurant looking for a Channing Tatum-type when he’s really more of a Sheldon Cooper. Guys are also able to use this feature, so upload honestly!
- It narrows down your already specialized matches. The rating feature isn’t the only thing that’s great about Once. The “slow dating” app focuses on finding meaningful connections for you over time—quality over quantity, in other words—and sends you a single match every day at noon. While they already have a good idea of the type of guy you’d be into, reading ratings gives you just a little more insight into whether he’d be your perfect dude.
- You get undivided attention. Because Once only sends you one match a day, you and your potential date can actually spend time getting to chat and determine whether or not you’d like to meet up instead of being distracted by endless swiping and messaging with a bunch of randos. That undivided attention can work wonders for forming a connection and it’s yet another advantage to the Once system.
- Best of all, it’s all free. While many dating apps would use the rating feature as a premium component, Once knows it’s important for all women to feel safe and secure in their dating experiences regardless of whether or not they’re paying for it. The app does offer a VIP subscription which allows more tweaking of its already great features (more matches per day, setting the distance for your matches, seeing who passed on you), knowing what you’re in for is available to everyone, and that’s awesome.