You can always count on Netflix to come out with some of the most engaging and downright addictive programming and their latest foray into reality TV, Love Is Blind, is no exception. The show saw couples “meet” and fall and love only by talking and hearing one another’s voice, then throwing them into real life where they’re… expected to get married. It’s insane and brilliant and thankfully, there’s going to be a reunion show that gives us the scoop on what’s been up with the couples since filming ended.
- The show was filmed TWO YEARS AGO. I’m not sure if you knew that, but apparently the Love Is Blind couples talked “online” starting on October 9, 2018 and met in person from October 19, 2018. That means the Netflix reunion is set nearly two years later, which should give us some pretty incredible scoop on what they’ve been up to in the time since.
- Some of these couples should never have spoken again. I mean, I don’t think any of them should have gotten married, and thankfully several of them didn’t. However, Giannina and Damian should never have even dated and same goes for Jessica and Mark. Kelly and Kenny were obviously meant to be friends (though she should have let him in on that before their supposed wedding day) and Barnett and Amber, while “in love” at the moment probably won’t last long-term. Lauren and Cameron might, but he really creeps me out.
- I wonder if Jessica is over Barnett yet? I mean, that was one of the most insane things of the entire season. Jessica, who clearly has an issue with alcohol, just could not move on from Barnett, who she’d never even met face-to-face before developing such strong feelings. Amber obviously didn’t take that very well and how she bought Jessica’s “I would never steal your man!” thing (as if she wouldn’t if she got half the chance) is bonkers. I wonder if those feelings will crop up again in the reunion!
- But about that reunion… The Love Is Blind reunion won’t be on Netflix like the rest of the show. Instead, it will appear on Netflix’s official YouTube channel on Thursday, March 5, exactly one week after the finale popped up on the streaming service. It’s unclear whether a reunion show was planned all along or if they really did just jump on it quickly because of fan outcry, but I can’t wait to watch it either way.
- This is basically going to be the best reunion ever. If you watch The Bachelor or any series in The Real Housewives franchise, you already know that the reunion ends up being the juiciest and most entertaining episode of the entire thing because it’s where everyone spills the real dirt and things get messy (or messier, I should say) REAL quick. I can’t wait!