Traveling can be an amazing experience. When you’re headed to your dream destination or even a weekend away to a favorite city you’ve visited many times before, you can deal with being sardined into a tin box in the sky because you know what lies ahead. However, nothing makes plane journeys more miserable than kids. And a video showing a child keeping an entire flight awake thanks to their flashing glow-in-the-dark costume has made people call for no-kids flights.
- The kid seems happy enough. In the video, posted to Instagram by @sarcasm_only, a child can be seen standing up in their seat in a dark flight as their fluffy rabbit costume flashed bright, neon lights.
- Needless to say, the rest of the flight didn’t seem amused. Sure, everyone may not have been trying to sleep just yet, but who wants to see flashing disco lights while you’re just trying to chill and make it to your destination? Not a great situation.
- People in the comments were furious too. One commenter suggested that the video proved that travelers need the option of taking flights on which children aren’t allowed. “This is why we need the option for a no-kids flight when booking,” they wrote.
- Others pointed out that the child’s parent should have made them turn the costume’s lights off. “Parents need to be told that the whole world doesn’t have to tolerate their children,” one person suggested. Another joked, “If the parent refuses to take that off the child then the child is going to learn the truth about Santa, the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy all in under six minutes.”
- A flight attendant weighed in on the child’s costume too. They believe that the parent never should have let the kid wear the costume on the plane in the first place. “As a flight attendant I’d say put that it away. There are people trying to rest, read, watch a movie etc. Also, there are people with disabilities, and this can be incredibly annoying and irritating for them,” they explained. “Leave stuff like this for home or amusement parks. Not in a tiny tin can at 30,000ft in the air. Some folks have sensitive eyes please consider others around you.”
- No-kids flights might not be the utopia we all hoped for. As we all know, sadly, it’s not always children that cause a problem. There are plenty of adults that cause drama on flights, too. Still, I’m sure not having kids on planes would make trips better for many of us…