You know he’s no good for you, but you still dive head first into the relationship — what the hell? The red flags are blatantly clear, so why are you ignoring them? Here are just a few possibilities:
- He’s downright sexy AF. You can’t seem to see straight when he’s staring at you with those gorgeous deep blue eyes. You know he’s talking to you, but all you can do his picture him with his shirt off. He may not be the best guy for you, but his body sure gets a gold star. You’re so mesmerized by what he looks like, you can’t even see the red flags.
- You’re sick and tired of being single. You know you deserve better, but you’re so over being single at this point that you don’t even care. You figure a crappy relationship is better than no relationship. At this point, you aren’t even ignoring the red flags, you’re just proceeding despite them.
- You have a thing for bad boys. The red flags are telling you he’s a bad boy who’s up to no good, and that makes you want him even more. You know it never ends well, but the high of the ride is what keeps you coming back. Don’t be surprised when he turns out to be exactly what you knew he was.
- You’re professional justifier. He only acts like that because of his friends. He only said that mean thing because he was hungry. He wouldn’t stand me up, his phone probably died. If you’re constantly justifying his actions, there’s a good chance he’s no good for you. Unfortunately you can find an excuse for any red flag that’s thrown your way, which is why you’re ending up with him anyway.
- You don’t want to hurt his feelings. You see all the red flags, but you don’t want to hurt his feelings. Is there a nice way to tell a complete a-hole that that’s what he is? Being nice is definitely a great quality, but sometimes you need to learn how to call it like it is, even if it isn’t the most comfortable thing to do. His feelings may be hurt in the moment, but at least you won’t have to deal with that jerk anymore.
- You see his potential. You know the red flags are there now, but you can totally see how they can go away once he gets his life together and becomes who he’s meant to be. You’re so optimistic, which is a good thing, but falling for a guy’s potential is probably one of the worst things you can do. If he never turns into the perfect guy you want him to be, you’re stuck with all those red flags.
- He has other good qualities. You’re very aware of his huge red flag, but you see other great things about him too. Remember, just because he loves his mom doesn’t mean you should compromise what you know you want in a relationship. Even bad guys have good qualities. You need to find the quality guys who don’t have any red flags.
- You don’t know any better. It’s not that you don’t value yourself or don’t know how to make good choices, you simply just don’t know anything different. Every guy you are interested in seems to have these red flags, so you’re starting to think they’re normal. But remember, you won’t have to compromise what you want or put up with some guy’s crap when you finally find the right guy for you.