It’s all about girl power these days and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Women are strong, beautiful, and independent and we definitely don’t need a romantic partner to fulfill us in our lives. However, that doesn’t mean we don’t want one. Just in case you forget or for some reason feel like wanting to fall in love makes you less of an independent woman, think again.
- Single doesn’t always mean independent and vice versa. Always remember that you don’t have to be single to be independent and if you are single, it doesn’t always equal independence. Independence is a state of mind and a quality that is entirely separate from your relationship status. Just because you want to be in a romantic relationship or have fallen in love with someone, does not mean that you’re losing all of the qualities that make you strong and independent. You can definitely have both.
- Wanting love doesn’t make you desperate. You might find yourself thinking that if you want to be in a relationship it means that you’re desperate, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. If you’re a strong, independent woman who takes care of herself and fulfills all of her own needs without a relationship but still wants one, that means that you’re not looking for a relationship to fill a void or fix a problem. You’re simply desiring a connection with another person and there’s nothing desperate about that.
- You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. You might think that in order to show people that you are, in fact, strong and independent you have to stay single to prove that you can live life alone and happy. The thing is though, you don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. If you want to be alone, there’s nothing wrong with that. However, if what you’re desiring is a romantic connection with someone, you can have that while still maintaining every other area of your life. Very few people want to be alone their whole lives and there’s no reason that anyone should feel like they have to be.
- Relationships can help make us better people. If you think that being in a relationship rips away all of your independence, think again! Relationships with the right partners can, in fact, help make us more independent, more compassionate, more thoughtful, and just all-around better people. Good people bring out the best in us and you could find yourself becoming stronger and smarter rather than feeling like you’re sacrificing everything that makes you an individual.
- The right person will support your independence. If you’re in a great, healthy relationship with someone who embraces and loves the fact that you’re strong and independent, they’ll support you and encourage you and you’ll never have to worry about those things being taken away from you. If you’re in a relationship with someone who is threatened by those things they might try to suppress them or make you feel guilty for still wanting to do your own thing while being in a relationship, so you need to make sure that you’re considering all of these things when choosing to be in a relationship with someone.
- You deserve the future you’ve always wanted. Settling down doesn’t put an end to your freedom and adventure, contrary to some opinions. You deserve to have it all and if that means you have independence and a great career but also marriage and children, don’t let the fear of what others might think of your choices deter you. Go after what makes you happy and leave behind everything that doesn’t.
- Embracing your sensitive side makes you stronger. We tell men all of the time that they should be proud of their emotions and not hide them but we often forget that as women, we can be shamed into suppressing our feelings. People often assume women are sensitive and emotional which can lead to women feeling the need to act tough all of the time in order to disprove that stereotype. You might think that you need to conceal your longing for a romantic connection but you don’t. Be honest with yourself and your emotions and you’ll find that it makes the stronger parts of you even stronger.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. It’s great that you’re capable of doing everything for yourself and on your own but if you’ve never tried life with a partner beside you, you might not even realize that you could be missing out on a whole lot of incredible experiences. You’re totally able to carry everything yourself but why not let someone else step in and help who you also happen to be madly in love with? You can both excel in your own lanes but be each other’s biggest hype man and woman! Wins all around!