You know deep down that you’re a kind, intelligent, generous person who deserves the best in life, but that doesn’t mean you don’t sometimes struggle with feelings of unworthiness. If you sometimes feel like you’re just not enough, here’s what you need to know:
- There’s no one else exactly like you. This may sound cliché, but it’s so true! When I look around at all the female role models in my life no one is alike. They’re all great at different things. Each person brings something special into this world and it’s important to realize what your amazingly unique traits are. While you undoubtedly have kindred spirits out there, there’s no one that has the exact same combinations of traits as you, and that’s not only special, it’s more than enough.
- The Only Opinion That Matters Is Your Own. If you don’t want to wear makeup and love wearing leggings as pants every day, who cares? You don’t have to be the women you see in magazines or on TV; you just have to be you. That’s good enough — you just have to believe it.
- Anyone Who Puts You Down Is Unworthy Of Your Time. Toxic people exist in this world. It’s important to recognize who these people are and cut them out of your life (and ignore the ones who aren’t in your life but still think they deserve a say). Other people’s insecurities are not your problem to deal with, so don’t. Your mental and emotional health will improve exponentially.
- There’s someone out there who wishes they were more like you. We’re all guilty of looking at celebrities or even friends and wishing we had their body, their boyfriend, or hell, their lives as a whole. Funny enough, you can pretty much guarantee that there’s someone out there who’s thought the same about you. At the end of the day, no one should want anyone else’s life. Be happy with your own, because it’s the one that’s meant for you.
- Inner Beauty Accentuates Outer Beauty. People claim that inner beauty is what truly matters, but I don’t know anyone who has a beautiful personality that isn’t also physically beautiful. However, there are plenty of people who are physically attractive in the conventional sense but ugly as hell because of their terrible personalities. You shine by being a genuinely good person — always keep that in mind.
- If Someone Tells You That You Can’t Do Something, Prove Them Wrong. Life is full of people that will tear you down, but that also makes it more fun to prove them wrong and prove yourself right. Go out there and aggressively go for whatever your heart desires. The feeling of accomplishment when you succeed will not only be a big boost to you, but a big F-U to those who said you couldn’t.
- Treat yourself like you treat your BFF. You treat your bestie like gold. You’re there for her, you support her, and you’d do anything to make her happy. Why aren’t you doing the same for yourself? You’re basically your longest and most important relationship — you deserve the VIP treatment, so give it to yourself.
- How you see yourself is not the way the world sees you. Have you ever looked at a random stranger and thought of all the things you dislike about their appearance? Probably not. You’re going about your day, minding your own business, and probably being preoccupied with worrying about what everyone else is thinking about you! It’s because we’re terrible to ourselves, but never see other people the way we see ourselves. We pick apart every single flaw on our bodies and it just needs to stop. Understand that no one else is seeing the flaws you’re seeing, take a deep breath, and be kind to yourself.
- Repeat after me: You’re More Than Enough. At the end of the day, you’re your own best friend or worst enemy. Remember to love yourself and ignore the haters. There are always going to be jerk who get off on putting others down, but you don’t have to let them win. You’re not just enough, you’re more than enough. You have so much to offer to the world — go out there and give it.