There’s someone in your life that you really, really like. Maybe they have no idea yet because you haven’t made your interest known, or maybe you can never be together because they’re already in a relationship or it’ll never work out. Whatever the situation, you’re down bad for them. So much so that they’re showing up in your dreams — super realistic ones that you find yourself thinking about all day long. But, what does it mean when you dream about your crush? It can’t just be random, right? Read on to find out what the deal is.
What it means when you dream about your crush
- You really want them, obviously. It makes sense that if you dream about making out with or having sex with your crush, it means you want them. Duh. They’re hot and you’re hot for them. That transfers from your waking life into your dreaming one.
- You have some unresolved feelings to deal with. If you have unresolved feelings for your crush in your waking life, these emotions may surface in your dreams. Your subconscious mind is trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Your dreams are a way of doing that.
- It’s all about symbolic representation. Your crush may represent something else in your dream. For example, they could be a symbol for an aspect of yourself that you want to embody. That being said, it’s more likely they have a quality or trait that you’re looking for in a partner.
- It’s a safe mode of wish fulfillment. Your dream may be fulfilling a desire that you have for a romantic relationship with your crush. If you’re single or unhappy in your current relationship, your subconscious mind may be creating scenarios where you’re much happier with your crush. Doesn’t take rocket science to figure that one out.
- You’re anxious or uncertain about your relationship with them. A dream about your crush can also indicate anxiety or uncertainty about your relationship with them. Maybe you’re worried about how they feel about you or you’re unsure about how to approach them. Of course those feelings would manifest in your dreams.
- You’re feeling nostalgic. If you have known your crush for a long time or have had feelings for them for a while, dreaming about them may be a reflection of nostalgia for the past. It’s sweet but ultimately unhelpful.
- It’s a way to explore your feelings. Your crush may represent an aspect of yourself that you are trying to understand better. If you are exploring your identity or trying to find your place in the world, your subconscious mind may use your crush as a symbol for this process.
- It’s just random and not that deep. Sometimes dreams don’t have any deep meaning or symbolism. Dreaming about your crush could simply be a random occurrence with no specific significance and it doesn’t mean anything at all. Try not to put too much pressure on it.
Does dreaming about your crush mean they like you?
If only! Dreaming about your crush doesn’t necessarily mean that they like you, unfortunately. Dreams are the result of the subconscious mind processing thoughts, emotions, and experiences. They can be influenced by a wide range of factors. Just because your crush is in the spotlight in your dreams, it doesn’t necessarily reflect their feelings towards you. After all, dreams are highly personal and subjective, and the meanings behind them are varied and can be hard to interpret.
If you want to find out whether your crush likes you, it is best to communicate with them directly. It takes balls to ask someone straight-up if they’re into you. While it can be nerve-wracking to put yourself out there, it’s definitely the easiest way to get an answer to your question. If you’re not comfortable with the idea of direct communication, you could pay attention to how they act around you. Look for the signs that they’re interested in you. If you see any, it might give you the confidence to make your move. The bottom line is that you shouldn’t rely on dreams to tell you what you want to know.
Is it true if you dream of someone, they dream of you?
It’s unclear where this idea came from, but a lot of people believe this. Unfortunately, there’s zero scientific evidence to suggest that if you dream of someone, they’re also dreaming of you. Dreams are personal experiences that are influenced by all kinds of stuff — memories, emotions, and environmental stimuli. While it’s possible for two people to have similar dreams or for one person to dream about another, there’s really no way to know for sure whether someone is dreaming about you or not.
While some people may believe in the idea of dream telepathy, there is no scientific evidence to support this concept. In fact, even saying it sounds a bit silly, doesn’t it?
In general, it’s probably best to assume that your dreams are yours alone. While they can provide insights into our thoughts and emotions, you definitely can’t rely on them as a way of determining other people’s thoughts or feelings.