Dating a woman who is strong and direct is a major eye opener. She’s definitely not like most other women and her candor is either refreshing or terrifying, depending on who you are. You have to understand her unique attitude. While many might think she’s too bold, she’s just being herself. The best thing about her is you know she’s not holding anything back. Of course, that’s what intimidates many people.
I’ve learned to appreciate straightforward women as friends. Guys should take the time to get to know them. If they do, they’d realize they make the perfect girlfriends.
- She’ll tell it like it is. Subtle isn’t one of her strong suits. If she doesn’t want to do something or doesn’t like her dinner, she’s going to tell you. I’m not saying she’ll be pissy about it. She just knows that it’s better to just say what she means instead of hinting at it and hoping you get it.
- She’s not going to put up with lying. Don’t even try making lame excuses when you’re late to meet her. Tell her the truth or just end the relationship now. She hates lying and has no time to play games. It doesn’t matter if the truth is “you forgot.” She’d rather know than wonder why you’re hiding.
- She’ll hold her own in a fight. She’s not afraid of hurting your feelings. If you get into a fight with her, she’s not going to back down if she knows she’s right. You’re not going to wear her down and get her to apologize. If she’s wrong, she’ll admit it. If she’s not, the fight’s not over until you admit you’re wrong.
- She loves trying new things. Straightforward women have a bit of an adventurous streak. She’s going to want to try new restaurants, go on unique vacations or delve deep into the Karma Sutra. If all you like to do is sit on the couch and watch TV, she’s not the right girl for you. She’s likes variety or she gets bored.
- She’s happy with who she is. She might not look like Barbie, but she’s happy with who she is. She’s confident and doesn’t care what others think about her. It’s this trait above all others that makes her so attractive.
- She’ll ask for what she wants in the relationship. The best part of dating her is she’ll always tell you what she wants. Need ideas for a second date. No problem. She’ll gladly share her thoughts. Not sure if she’s ready to be serious? Ask her. She’ll tell you exactly how she feels. There’s no guessing games here. If she hasn’t already volunteered the info, all you have to do is ask. Just make sure you’re ready for a straightforward answer.
- She’s not a bitch. I can see why many straightforward women are instantly labeled as bitches. They don’t sugarcoat anything. Some people just can’t handle the truth. They’re not bitches. They’re simply bosses. Don’t dare call her a bitch or you’ll regret the date you ever asked her out.
- She says whatever is on her mind. Get ready for the unexpected. If she has a thought, she’s going to let it fly. It might be highly inappropriate, but she doesn’t care. Think of her as a woman without a filter. If it’s really important to you, she’ll try to hold back, especially if she’s meeting your parents or something similar. Otherwise, just get used to hearing whatever happens to be on her mind.
- She has major TMI problems. Do you really need to know every detail about her orgasmic night alone a few days ago? Probably not, but she’ll tell you anyway. She has a tendency to over share. Some guys think she’s being needy, but she just loves to tell those closest to her about any experience she has.
- She’ll have a life of her own. Straightforward usually means highly independent. She doesn’t really need a guy, but she’s happy to date the right guy. Don’t expect her to be by your side 24/7. She has friends, family, hobbies and a career. Treat her right and she’ll make plenty of time for you.
- She’s not going to lie. She sees no point in lying. She’d rather tell the truth and deal with any consequences immediately. It’s part of the reason she’s not going to put up with any lies from you. She’s not even going to tell you little white lies to make you feel better. So lying is definitely not going to work in this relationship.
- She’ll dump you if you disrespect her. Some women might give you a second, third or even fourth chance. Be an ass to her and you’re gone. She has better things to do than deal with any disrespect. She doesn’t put up with it from her friends and she’s not going to let you do it either. Treat her right or don’t bother.
- She might accidentally offend you. One of the biggest problems she has is accidentally offended those she likes. She’s simply being honest, but some people take that honesty as an insult. If you have a horrible haircut and you ask her how she likes it, she’ll tell you it looks bad. It’s nothing personal. You just have to learn she’s honest, not mean.
- She’s not intimidated by you or anyone else. She’s busy living life and she’s happy with who she is. She’s not going to let anyone make her feel inferior. If you notice, everyone in her life treats her as an equal and she does the same. She’ll expect nothing less from those she dates.
- She loves sarcasm. One of her favorite things is sarcasm. She’s mastered the art and it’s fun to watch. If you’re on the receiving in, deal with it and move on. She uses sarcasm to deal with those who annoy her and sometimes just as her own unique sense of humor. Don’t worry, you’ll quickly be able to tell how she uses sarcasm and what it means.
See, it’s not that bad dating a straightforward woman. It’s actually easier and more fun once you understand her personality.