No matter how amicable a breakup might be, deep down, we always want the other person to wish they had us back. In fact, there are things that make a guy regret losing you after he’s let you go. You don’t need to go out of your way to make it happen either — it’s usually down to these things.
- Other women are duds. No matter who ended things, you will always be compared to every woman a guy dates after you. I mean, don’t act like you aren’t doing the same thing with your ex and your current paramour. Of course, if the women that a guy dates after you don’t measure up to you, he’ll regret losing you.
- He screwed it up. Nothing makes a guy regret a breakup more than the realization that he did something to screw things up. Odds are, we don’t realize it at the time. However, with hindsight being 20/20, there’s a good chance that a guy who let you get away will one day realize he’s to blame. You may not be around to see that day, but rest assured, it’ll happen.
- The single life isn’t so great. So many guys dump a great girl because they want to be single, only to discover that the grass isn’t always greener. A lot of guys end up being alone and isolated after a breakup rather than enjoying themselves. Eventually, he’ll start to feel lonely and begin to regret breaking up with you.
- You find someone better. Few things hurt more or make a guy regret losing you more than seeing you find someone better. When a relationship ends, a man’s ego will tell him that you ladies will never find someone as good as him. But when he realizes that’s not true, he’ll immediately regret losing you. He’ll also feel kind of foolish. So, if you want to make a guy regret the day he let you walk out the door, find someone better and rub it in his face. I mean, you won’t exactly be taking the high road, but it will make a guy think that he’s lost the best thing he ever had.
- There was one thing he couldn’t get past. Did you ever have a breakup that came down to one thing you couldn’t get past? One flaw in the other person that you couldn’t accept? A lot of guys are so superficial that this happens a lot. Of course, most guys who dump a woman under these circumstances end up regretting it. After all, nobody’s perfect, and a woman with just one flaw that you can’t get past is as close to perfect as most guys will ever find.
- He keeps thinking about you. I can’t explain it, but every guy has that one person who they can’t stop thinking about after breaking up with them. It could be something about her or the way it ended, but we can’t stop thinking about it. Every time we start to get serious with someone else, that one person pops back into our head. No matter how much time passes, we always regret losing them. Unfortunately, you may never know that your ex thinks about you like that, but it does happen a lot.
- You’re his best friend. Have you ever had a boyfriend who was also like a best friend? If so, I can guarantee you that guy will regret losing you if you ever break up. The problem that a lot of guys have is we don’t realize that you’re also our closest pal until it’s over. One day, we’ll wake up without a girlfriend and without a best friend to help us through the breakup. Needless to say, the regret piles up quickly once we come to that realization.
- There’s no post-breakup communication. It’s one thing to break up with someone, but it’s another thing to break off all lines of communication. It’s such a shocking change to go from talking to someone all the time to not talking to someone at all. When you have no contact with a guy whatsoever, it starts to hit him that it’s really over. That sense of finality will usually fill him with feelings of regret.