If you believed old dating advice, you’d automatically dumb yourself down and be the meek and mild girl who simply wants a knight in shining armor to come and sweep her off her feet. That’s not you, thank goodness! The idea that being your strong, amazing self might mean that guys are intimidated by you might seem ridiculous, but here’s why it’s more common than you think. Whatever you do, never change who you are because you’re incredible!
- They know they can’t get one over on you. Some guys might feel intimidated by you because you’re really turned on. That means you read people well, you see through lies and other bulls**t, and you’re not afraid to call it out when you notice it. Guys who are players, liars, or otherwise have bad intentions will be taken aback because they know their standard methods just won’t work on it. It’s better off that they stay away anyway.
- You know what you want and you’re not afraid to go after it. Why this would make guys intimidated is beyond me, but it does happen. Of course, it mostly happens with guys who aren’t so strong-willed and have no idea what they want. The fact that you do, and that you’re unabashed about your intention of getting it, is something that secure guys will find sexy as hell. Those who can’t handle it really can’t handle you.
- Your self-confidence scares insecure men. You know your worth and you won’t let anyone treat you in a way that undermines it. It likely took you a long while to get to the place you’re in now, where you feel good about who you are and where you’re going in life, so why would you jeopardize that? Some guys don’t know what to do with a confident woman, particularly because they might feel like you’ll never stick with them or that they won’t be able to tear you down to feed their own ego.
- They assume they’re not on your level. This is kinda sad but definitely true. Some guys are intimidated by women like you because they don’t believe that they deserve you. They think you’re out of their league because you have so much going for you and so much to offer and they have very little in comparison. While that’s likely not true, it’s also not your job to prop up someone else’s self-esteem.
- You don’t need a man to live an amazing life. When you’re secure in who you are and have created a life you truly love, that aura radiates. That means that many guys will pick up on the fact that you really don’t need them and they might be intimidated by that. They shouldn’t be, of course. The most successful relationship is between two people who are already complete before they get together. He should be someone you want, not someone you need.
- You’re pretty intense. Because of your strong personality, you often come across as “intense” or even “too much.” You’re not, of course – and if men don’t like it, they’re free to go find less. You keep being you, and if guys are intimidated by such a strong, badass woman, they’re better off single (and so are you).