A British woman who planned to marry a ghost has since ended the relationship after he apparently fell in with the wrong crowd and started getting into drugs and alcohol. Amethyst Realm first hit the news back in 2017 when she declared she’d ruled out living men as romantic partners, but after seemingly finding love with a ghost, it seems that relationship has gone south.
- Amethyst thought she and Ray were meant to be. Amethyst and Ray got engaged back in 2018, but Amethyst admitted she was afraid of moving too fast for him and scaring him off when she mentioned wanting kids. However, it seemed their bliss was locked in.
- Then things went wrong. As she revealed during an appearance on British morning show This Morning, the wedding was off and so was Amethyst’s relationship with Ray. Everyone was shocked, especially given how happy the couple seemed during her previous appearance on the show.
- So what went wrong? Apparently, it all started when the couple went on vacation together in May and Ray started disappearing on her all the time, leaving her alone. “We’ve called the wedding off. It was going really well until we went on holiday and that was about last May and then he completely changed,” Amethyst explained.
- Amethyst hated Ray’s new group of friends. It’s like going on vacation together changed everything for Ray and all of a sudden, he wasn’t the ghost she’d fallen in love with. “I think maybe he fell in with a bad crowd when we were on holiday. He just started becoming really inconsiderate, he’d disappear for long periods of time, when he did come back, he’d bring other spirits to the house and they’d just stay around for days,” she admitted.
- Ray was partying in the world of the living and the world of the dead. According to Amethyst, she believes Ray’s new friends got him into drugs, and that was the real problem. “I think he started doing drugs and partying a bit much,” she recalled. “He used to come back and these spirits would stay for days at a time. There’d be crashing and banging and strange noises.” Makes sense why she ended things!