WARNING: The following story contains graphic details of violence that readers may find distressing. Please proceed at your own risk.
A Wisconsin woman reportedly murdered a man during a sexual assault, dismembered his body, and left his head behind after becoming “lazy” during her cleanup attempt. Officers in Green Bay found the severed head in a bucket with a “male organ” and later charged 24-year-old Taylor Denise Schabusiness with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, and third-degree sexual assault.
- The victim’s mother is the one who discovered the head. The severed head was in a bucket in the basement of the house when the man’s mother discovered it. She phoned police, who found it was described with a towel on it. There was also dried blood on a mattress in the basement.
- Schabusiness was the last person to be seen with the man, according to court documents. She was later located at a home on Eastman Avenue and seemed to have dried blood on her hands and clothes. After searching her van, they found a crockpot box with more body parts including legs. There was also a torso in a tote bag.
- The victim’s mother’s statement to police was harrowing. She told authorities that her son and Schabusiness were in the basement during the day while she and her boyfriend weren’t home. However, she woke up in the early hours of the following morning after hearing a storm door slamming. She heard a car driving away and assumed that Schabusiness left, but when she checked the basement, she found her son’s head in a bucket by the stairs.
- Schabusiness told authorities that she went “crazy” while she and the victim had drug-fueled sex. She also claimed that she put a chain around his neck as part of a consensual sex act. She insisted she never meant to kill the man but did like choking him and continued to do so. “Schabusiness stated she then began to choke the Victim, and she described it as the Victim lying face down on the bed with her on top of him pulling on the end of the chain,” court documents stated. “The Victim coughed up blood and she was just waiting for him to die while she was watching his face. Schabusiness made the comment that she was ‘already this far’ so she just kept on, referring to choking the Victim.”
- She admitted that she “liked” killing the victim. She said it took less than five minutes for him to die, with Schabusiness telling police that even after the man started to cough up blood, she kept choking him to see what would happen. She also said she performed sexual activity with his dead body for two to three hours.
- Things got even more bizarre and disgusting from there. Schabusiness reportedly told police that they were “going to have fun trying to find all of the organs,” prosecutors wrote. “Schabusiness stated all of the body parts should be in the basement. Schabusiness stated there should be a foot or a leg in the minivan. Detective Graf asked Schabusiness what she did with the head, and Schabusiness stated she had put the Victim’s head in a black bucket and put a blanket over it.”
- She planned to take the body parts with her but got “lazy.” Talking to prosecutors, Schabusiness said that she used a bread knife to dismember the man and that she used whatever bags she could find in the basement to put the body into. She did say that “at one point, she did get paranoid and lazy and that she thought it was the ‘dope’ that was making her paranoid.” She planned to take the bags full of body parts with her but only got the “leg/foot” because of her laziness. She also said she “forgot” the head.
Schabusiness remains at Brown County Jail without bond.