Ever dated a guy you knew wasn’t going to be in the picture in a few months? There’s nothing wrong with him per se, he’s just not The One, and you know it. Maybe the timing is off or the chemistry isn’t there, but you still have a good time with him, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? The fact is, there’s only going to be one Mr. Right (ideally), but you’ll go through a few Mr. Right Nows before you get to him. Dating around is a necessary evil for you to figure out what you’re looking for, and who you are. Mr. Right Now is just another pit stop on your way to Mr. Right.
1. When you RSVP to your college roommate’s wedding, you immediately ask Mr. Right to be your date. You don’t even mention the wedding to Mr. Right Now, because you’re pretty sure he won’t be in the picture when the summer nuptials roll around.
2. Mr. Right is excited to meet your family. Mr. Right Now acts like he didn’t hear you mention your parents would be in town for the weekend and is totally cool with rescheduling your plans.
3. Mr. Right knows that the first CD you bought with your own money was Toni Braxton, who your favorite Backstreet Boy was, and that you cried when Ginger Spice left the Spice Girls. Mr. Right Now has no idea you ever liked music that wasn’t played live in hole in the wall bars like the one you met him in.
4. Mr. Right loves you in spite of your addiction to the entire Real Housewives franchise. Mr. Right Now thinks you only like Atlanta, when New York is actually your favorite.
5. You learned Mr. Right Now’s favorite sexual position before you even knew his middle name. Actually, come to think of it you never know Mr. Right Now’s middle name, and you don’t even care. You can’t wait to find out everything there is to know about Mr. Right.
6. You always have some kind of activity planned when you hang out with Mr. Right Now, but with Mr. Right you are often content just hanging out at home watching Netflix.
7. Mr. Right talks about and makes plans for your future together. Mr. Right Now says things like “Let’s see what happens”, and “I don’t want to ruin what we have” when you hint at any kind of commitment.
8. Mr. Right Now consistently makes plans with you at the last minute. Mr. Right will make sure you’re free as far ahead of time as he can, because you’re his first choice for Saturday night hang outs, not his backup plan.
9. Mr. Right Now showers you in compliments, but they tend to all center around your appearance and how attracted he is to you. Mr. Right likes you because you’re smart, hilarious and compassionate, too.
10. Mr. Right Now is in a constant state of flux with his career, friendships, and even where he sees himself in the next 6 months. He might be the type who could pick up and move to another country at the drop of a hat. Mr. Right has goals, a plan, and he includes you in any big decisions he’s mulling over regarding his future.
11. Mr. Right Now almost has a heart attack when you mention you might want kids one day, and you have to reassure him a million times that you aren’t actually pregnant right now. Mr. Right can have an actual conversation about whether or not he wants kids in the future, and you can both agree even if now isn’t the time, kids are something you both want (or don’t want).
12. If he’s the first guy you’ve gone on more than one date with, or the first guy you’ve slept with since ending a long term relationship, then he’s mostly likely Mr. Right Now. If you’re 100% over your past relationships and are looking for something serious, he could be Mr. Right.
13. If he tells you he isn’t ready for an exclusive relationship, and he’s still seeing other girls, listen to him, because he’s telling you he’s Mr. Right Now. If he brings up the exclusivity talk, and voices his desire to be with only you, he might be Mr. Right.
14. Mr Right will remember you said you really wanted to go to the Foo Fighters concert for your birthday and surprise you with tickets. You’ll be lucky if you even get a happy birthday text from Mr. Right Now.
15. Mr. Right will brag about you to his friends and family so much that if you run into someone he knows, they’ll be like, “so this is the girl?” If you run into someone Mr. Right Now knows, it’ll be obvious they had no idea you existed.
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!