We all wish someone could come along and perfectly diagnose our relationship problems – and it turns out, we can do this ourselves! By assessing what relationship personality type (or types) you have, you can understand what your partner needs. Not only that, but you can gain some insight into which relationship personality types you’ve already dated on your way to finding your person!
Analyst personality types in a relationship
- Architects INTJ These people in romance are calculating and careful with their love. This means they also love deeply and simply – there are no complications here, and there is no drama. Architects are sincere and you will always know where you stand.
- Logicians INTP Logicians are known to be open in the way that they love people. Usually, their day-to-day practices show them to be objective and fact-based, and so it is refreshing to see that the same is true in their romantic endeavors. This means that compromise is a key skill for logicians and it’s important to know how to get your partner to open up and talk by understanding their personality type.
- Commanders ENTJ As you would expect, commanders are very goal-orientated and you should never expect them to be anything else. This means that you should never get in the way of a commander’s passion and intent because they always get what they want. They’ll be frank and honest in relationships too and won’t beat around the bush. Subtlety isn’t their forte.
- Debaters ENTP If I could sum up the romantic personality type of Debaters, it would be abrasive, but effective. Once you get under the bristly surface of their emotional habits, you will see how they really are. Debaters need to be heard and there’s a certain type of stagecraft associated with this. Expect drama, but know when you’re talking to the real thing.
Sentinel personality types in a relationship
- Logisticians ISTJ Logisticians are regularly known to be practical, cool, and grounded in their relationships. As the name suggests, they show their love in a subtle, steadfast way, that demonstrates their consistent and reliable approach to love. Loyalty is a key feature of Logisticians in relationships.
- Defenders ISFJ Defenders will do what they say on the tin: they’re fiercely protective and prudent. You have to respect their privacy and with time they’ll come to you and be vulnerable. Defenders are always inwardly thrilled when they make new connections, so they will treasure you.
- Executives ESTJ Executives are outgoing and direct in their lives and in relationships. If you’re in a relationship with an Executive, expect to make deep emotional connections that always consider your future.
- Consuls ESFJ Consuls are charismatic, considerate, and extremely emotionally aware. They value and pursue harmony in their relationships, so be prepared to bring that to the party too.
Explorer personality types in a relationship
- Virtuosos ISTP These guys are notoriously independent and will always expect a relationship to better them and expand their horizons. In short, respect them in a relationship and they will respect you. They also have a flair for the unexpected, so try surprising them every once in a while.
- Adventurers ISFP Adventurers are typically unrestrained and motivated by the quality of the emotional connection. If you’re sweet enough to keep them, they’ll get you out of your shell and do some fun, spontaneous things.
- Entrepreneurs ESTP Entrepreneurs behave exactly like you expect they would. They are adventurous up to a point, but are always drive by the path ahead and reaping the cultural and economic benefits of a relationship. You should be ready to see the opportunity of the world with them and you will grow together.
- Entertainers ESFP Entertainers are as passionate as you would expect, and they fall headlong in love without hesitation. They are a bright force in anyone’s life, so treasure them when they come along and embrace them as they are.
Diplomat personality types in a relationship
- Advocates INFJ Advocates are dedicated to principles of sincerity and compatibility. As long as you’re in it for the long haul and ready to commit, they will be there for you. Love them honestly and they will always have your back.
- Mediators INFP Mediators are also known for upholding sincerity in their relationships and keeping quality time and communication at the top of their priorities list. If you’re too casual with their time or constantly cancel, they will read into your passiveness and will come to mistrust you. Make sure you respect mediators because they have such an insight into how you work that you’ll struggle to hide things from them.
- Protagonists ENFJ Protagonists value certainty above all else because they’re often secretly insecure about their own personalities and roles in relationships. While they are themselves often chaotic, they pursue stable romance, where they feel wanted. Make them feel seen.
- Campaigners ENFP Campaigners will ride or die with your pretty quickly if you impress them or have unusual talents. They’re enthusiastic and love to love all the ways we’re all unique. To meet your partner’s needs, give in to their spontaneity and excitement and you will always attract Campaigners in romantic relationships.