You’ve been through your fair share of relationships, but you’ve finally found a love that’s different. You’re with a great guy who loves and respects you, and you feel at home whenever you’re together. This could just be the real deal, but how can you tell? If you can relate to any of the following, your relationship is definitely pretty solid:
- You never worry when he works late. He calls or texts to say he’s working late, and while in the past this would have triggered your suspicions and paranoid thoughts about what he’s really doing and with whom, you’re totally cool with it now, and even leave him some leftover Chinese in the fridge for when he gets home.
- You can tell him literally anything. You’re never afraid to tell him what’s on your mind, because you’re comfortable enough to say anything — even your deepest darkest fears. There’s no thought too strange or feeling too sentimental. You know he won’t judge you and he’ll love you all the same.
- He’s your very best friend. Sure, you’ve got your girls and they’ll always have a special place in your heart, but your relationship with your boyfriend is different. He’s your second half, partner in crime and at the end of the day, he’s the one person you know you can always count on.
- You’re not afraid to be vulnerable. It’s OK to let your guard down because you know he’d never hurt you. When you’re stressed out, it’s just natural for you to lean on him because you know he’ll always be there as a pick-me-up. You’ve been more careful with your heart in the past, but with him there’s no risk in being yourself.
- You value his opinion. The most important opinion is your own, but that doesn’t mean you’re not interested in what your boyfriend thinks. You know you can trust him to be upfront and honest, and that’s how you know his opinion matters. He isn’t going to lie just to make you happy, and in the end, you always know he’ll still love you whether you take his advice or forge your own path.
- When he says he loves you, you believe him. You don’t have to question his feelings because in your heart, you already know they’re true. He doesn’t have ulterior motives and he isn’t using you for your body. He doesn’t just tell you he loves you, he shows you just how much every single day. That’s why you never have to wonder if he really loves you, because you already know he does.
- You don’t snoop through his crap. You don’t have to read his text messages every night or check his location on Find My Friends. Everything you need to know, he tells you. While other women might need to constantly check up on their boyfriends, you don’t even waste your time wondering what he’s doing or who he’s with, because your relationship is built on trust, not mutual deception.
- He doesn’t try to spare your feelings. There’s a difference between being hurtful and being honest. It’s not that he’s being disrespectful, it’s that he knows he can be honest with you. He’s not afraid you’re going to blow up for no reason. He trusts you to trust him, and that says a hell of a lot.