One of the hardest things to go through is seeing everyone around you move forward in life and achieve their dreams while you’re still stuck in a place where you don’t know what’s going to happen next. You may want a ton of different things for your future but you’re not sure if you’ll ever have them and you’re afraid that time is running out for you. Here are a few things to remember when that feeling starts to overwhelm you.
- First of all, there is no clock. The first thing you need to do is get the notion that there’s some “clock” that’s ticking away out of your head because it’s a complete and total myth. You might think that there’s a certain time that you have to accomplish certain things in your life based on what you’ve heard from other people and what you’ve seen other people do, but that’s simply just not true. Time isn’t running out – you’re not on any particular schedule.
- Timing is everything. Things need to happen at the right time in order for them to be good and prosperous. If it seems like the things you want just aren’t happening or aren’t working out no matter what you do, just trust that it’s not the right time, as hard as that can be. When it is your time, you’ll understand why there was a wait and you’ll know that it was worth it.
- You can’t rush or force destiny. You might notice that if you’re growing impatient while waiting for things to happen in your life, if you try to force something to happen that clearly isn’t meant to be, it never works out the way you want it to. There will be a problem, a glitch, you just won’t be happy. That’s because you can’t rush destiny. If you try to make something happen that you know feels wrong, it’s never going to be what you think it will be. Wait for things to feel right and hold out for the right moment.
- The universe might be sparing you. It can be very frustrating when it seems like an opportunity is presenting itself to you and then it doesn’t end up working out. Maybe you meet someone and think it could be a great relationship but quickly it goes south. Maybe you think you’re about to get a big promotion at work and then it goes to someone else. It can be heartbreaking when you have hope for something and it suddenly goes away but, try not to look at it as bad luck and instead see it as the universe sparing you. Maybe that relationship would’ve been terrible. Maybe there’s a bigger or better career opportunity coming for you. Trust destiny.
- Tune out other peoples’ opinions. Your friends and family might have a lot of opinions about your life and when you need to get things done. Your friends might tell you that if you’re not married with children by a certain age that it’s never going to happen for you. You might hear that if you don’t achieve a certain amount of success by age thirty, you’ll never reach your goals. Don’t let the opinions or comments of other affect your journey and how you feel about yourself. Just because those things may have happened earlier in life for them doesn’t mean that you’re the same. Things are going to happen for you when they’re supposed to so just tune everyone else out.
- Stay off of social media. Social media can be one of the most damaging things to your self-esteem when you’re trying to be patient with the universe and trust timing. If you see everyone online getting all of the things in life that you’re still waiting for, it can be hard to stay hopeful and can make you feel defeated and inferior. You know, deep down, that social media is, for the most part, a total lie. People just post the highlights and a lot of the time experiences and realities are greatly exaggerated. So, this notion that someone’s social media profile is a completely accurate portrayal of their life is just absurd. The best thing to do is to take a break from social media and focus your attention on your own journey.
- You’ve gotta take the steps. Yes, destiny and fate play a big role in our lives but nothing is going to fall in your lap. If there’s something that you really want in life and you’re just waiting for it to happen to you, chances are, it won’t ever happen. There’s a difference between forcing something to happen and creating opportunities for yourself. If you want to fall in love, you’ve got to do work on yourself and be open to receiving love. If you want that promotion, you have to make sure you’re the best version of yourself so that you’re qualified for that promotion. Make sure that you’re as ready as you can be for the universe’s abundance.
- Don’t be jealous or bitter. When you see things happening for other people around you, things that you want for yourself too, it can be easy to feel envious or even bitter that other people have things that you don’t, that you feel like you’ve been waiting for forever. Do your best to live and let live. You have no idea how long those people waited, just like you are now, for the things that they’ve got. You don’t know how hard they had to work and how long they had to hold out hope for those things. Your time will come, so don’t feel like they have something that you’ll never have.
- Focus on yourself. A lot of positivity and good things in life will seem to happen after a period of self-growth and improvement. Often times it takes us doing work on ourselves in order to be ready for the good things in life to come our way. Don’t focus on other people. Don’t focus on what the universe is and isn’t giving you. Focus on yourself. Do things that are good for you and help you move forward in life. Work on being the best version of yourself and enjoy the journey. Years later, you’ll look back on that time as being a sweet and beautiful period of self-discovery.