As women, we’re often insecure about the things that make us quirky or different. It doesn’t help that so much of society convinces us that those little things that make us weird are bad things and we should try to conceal them as if they’re something to be ashamed of. I’m here to tell you, it’s just not true! If you think that those little quirks of yours make you unappealing to guys, you are sorely mistaken. Here are a few qualities that you might have that men actually find attractive and make them want to date you!
- Weird or unique hobbies We all have those little interests that make us happy. Whether it’s a fascination with a certain topic, a hobby that we engage in during our free time, or just anything that allows us some kind of release or escape from the stressors of everyday life. If you’re embarrassed about your obsession with 90s sitcoms or your coin bear collection and think you need to hide these types of things from a guy that you’re seeing, think again! Guys love those little dorky quirks because they make us who we are!
- Your “annoying” habits It seems weird to say that “annoying” habits count as qualities that make a guy want to date you, but it actually makes sense. A lot of the little things about ourselves that we think men find obnoxious or intolerable might actually be cuter than we think. If you have a bad habit of biting your nails or humming while you think or singing in the shower, don’t worry about turning a guy off if one of these habits sneaks out in his presence. Chances are, he’ll find that little thing about you adorable and totally welcome it into your relationship!
- Your dating deal-breakers If you’ve been through a bad relationship or two in the past, chances are that you’ve got some deal-breakers that are simply not allowed in future romantic situations. You might worry that your future dating prospects will have issues with this list of things that you’re not willing to settle for again but the right guy will most likely appreciate and respect that list! If you have deal breakers, it shows that you have standards and standards are sexy!
- Your energy All of us loud and excitable women have probably heard that we’re “too much” from at least one person in our lives. If you hear this enough, you might actually start to believe it and think that you need to conceal your personality from potential suiters. The right kind of guys will adore your energetic spirit. They’ll love the way you bring life into any room you walk into and how excited you get over simple, everyday things. This is one of the most important qualities that make guys want to date you.
- Your style One of the biggest things we try to change about ourselves to win over a man is probably the way that we dress. We might think we have to look a certain way to win the heart of the guy we love. We might think that we need to dress sexier or more traditionally feminine but the thing is, being yourself is the sexiest way to dress. You’re going to feel most comfortable and most confident when you’re wearing what you like and what makes you feel good. So, keep your style how it is. The guy you like will be most attracted to your authenticity.
- Jealousy Okay, no one wants to date a crazy person that smothers and suffocates but if you’re someone who tends to get a little jealous when another girl approaches your guy, you might think your possessiveness comes off as unattractive or need. But if you’re just the right amount of jealous, it’ll make your guy feel like he’s important to you and that you really value your relationship. He’ll know that you care.
- Your ambition Insecure men are threatened by strong, ambitious women. If you’re independent, tough, and fine on your own, the wrong guys will be turned off because they think they need to be with a girl who needs them to survive. Never be ashamed of your ambition and work ethic. The guys you should want to be attracted to you will love the fact that you know what you want in life and are willing to put in the work to get there – in fact, it’ll make them want to date you even more.
- Your dreams We all have dreams for the future and those dreams look different for everyone. You might want to backpack across Europe before the end of your life or set a world record. You might want to live in a big city or buy a farm out in the middle of nowhere. We often make the mistake of thinking that we have to change and mold our dreams to fit the person we’re dating’s dreams. The thing is though, that the right guy for you won’t make you feel like you have to change your dreams. Even if they’re not exactly the same as yours, you’ll compromise together and make all of the dreams the two of you have fit.
- Assertiveness You might think that you need to be timid and meek to score the guy you’ve got your eye on but the thing is, the right guy will love your strength and initiative. If you like a guy, think he might like you back, but he hasn’t taken the first step in getting to know you yet, what’s stopping you from making the first move? Just ask for his number or if he’d want to hang out sometime. Sure, there might be some insecure guys who are turned off by a woman making the first move but the right ones, the ones who are worth your time, will think your confidence is one of your best qualities and want to date you because of it.