If you’re an American Horror Story fan, you’ll already know and love Evan Peters’ work (and if not, you’re seriously missing out). In addition to his work on the FX horror series, he’s continuing his work with showrunner Ryan Murphy in a limited edition Netflix series playing infamous serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer. Needless to say, it sounds like it’s going to be really good.
Jeffrey Dahmer was known as the Milwaukee Monster. He didn’t just murder his victims senselessly, he also was involved in necrophilia and cannibalism among other horrific acts. He was responsible for 17 men and boys between 1978 and 1991 and police missed nearly a dozen different opportunities to bring him to justice before he was finally arrested and sentenced to life in prison in 1992. He was beaten to death by a fellow inmate in 1994.
Evan Peters was a natural choice for the series. Given that he and Ryan Murphy have such a strong and lengthy work history, it’s no surprise that Peters was tapped to play the lead in Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story for Netflix. However, this isn’t just a weird case of favoritism – it actually seems like Peters would be the perfect actor for the role, so this is a win-win.
The cast in general sounds pretty amazing, to be honest. According to Deadline, Niecy Nash and Richard Jenkins will also be a part of the limited Netflix series, along with Penelope Ann Miller and Shaun J. Brown. Such a strong cast means that this is going to be a really hard-hitting, gripping drama that will be well worth watching.
The series isn’t just about Dahmer’s crimes. While that will naturally be a large part of the story, it’s reported that the series will really center in on police incompetence and showcase all the ways they nearly arrested Dahmer and prevented him from killing further but ultimately let him roam free again. No word on when this series will be out, but now that Evan Peters has been cast in the lead role of Jeffrey Dahmer, it looks like we’re getting closer to starting production.
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!