Don’t waste your time with men who make you want to yell or cry into your pillowcase. That’s not what love is supposed to look like. It’s meant to be a beautiful experience that makes your days go by faster. That’s why you should only date men who make your life easier and kiss the rest goodbye.
- He shouldn’t stress you out. You shouldn’t be with him if looking him in the eyes and waiting for his texts stresses you out. He should be making your life less stressful by helping you with your chores, making you laugh, and giving you intense orgasms. Relationships are meant to make your life easier, not harder.
- You shouldn’t have to guess how he feels. He shouldn’t send you mixed signals that drive you mad. He should tell you how he feels, without you having to beg him to open up with you. He should be an open book when it comes to you.
- He should be there to comfort you. He shouldn’t be the one making your life harder by starting unnecessary fights and making you question your worth. He should be your shoulder to cry on. He should be the person that you can go to to talk about anything and everything.
- You shouldn’t be the only one putting in effort. You’re not the one who should be planning out dates, cooking dinner, and initiating sex. Those are jobs that you two should share. You can take responsibility for them one week, but then he should take responsibility for them the next week.
- You shouldn’t mind changing your schedule for him. You should be happy to see him. If rearranging your schedule to spend time with him is a hinderance instead of a pleasure, then you shouldn’t be dating him. You belong with someone you actually enjoy spending time with.
- You shouldn’t have to change for him. If he makes you feel like you need to lose weight, get plastic surgery or buy a whole new wardrobe, then you shouldn’t be with him. Your boyfriend shouldn’t encourage you to change. He should encourage you to embrace who you are.
- You shouldn’t have anxiety around him. Once you find the right person, you won’t be bothered by the types of silences that you used to consider awkward. You won’t mind going out with his friends, either, because you’ll know that he’ll be there by your side to make sure that you’re comfortable.
- Decisions should be easier. You should have an easier time making decisions after you enter a relationship, because your boyfriend will be there to help you make the right one. If he’s actually making things harder, because he doesn’t want what’s best for you, then walk away. He’s clearly not the one for you.
- You should feel less alone. If you feel more alone than ever before, because your boyfriend doesn’t treat you the way you deserve to be treated, then why are you with him? You should be with someone who makes you feel safe. Someone who reassures you that you’re not alone, and that you’ll never be alone again.