Society tells us to shave. Apparently, hair on women is evil. I’ve never heard any stories of women’s body hair hurting anyone, have you? I hate shaving. Why do we put ourselves through that? We think it makes us more attractive, but guess what? Women didn’t always do it. They just stayed hairy. They got to enjoy all the perks of not shaving. I think it’s about time we did, too.
You have time for more important things. Think about how much time you spend in the shower shaving. I could so use that time for some extra sleep, fixing breakfast, catching up on my DVR or pretty much anything else. Honestly, everything is more important than scraping a blade across my legs, pits, bikini line, etc.
- No more razor burn. If you’ve had it, you know what I mean. It hurts like hell. It’s even worse when you have to shave over it again the next day. Not to mention, can’t the shaving companies make some sort of aftershave for women that doesn’t burn?
- Forget about painful nicks. I don’t care how careful you are, you’re going to cut yourself. Don’t you just love the feel of a cut on the back of your knee as you walk? Wait, you don’t? Yeah, me either. Stop shaving and eliminate those nicks that occur in the worst possible places.
- Extra warmth in the winter. Why do you think we have body hair to begin with? Just like any mammal, it’s there to help us better regulate our body temperature. Why do you think most guys seem warmer when it gets cold? We could be warmer too if we just eased up on the shaving.
- You save so much money. Have you ever thought about how much you spend on razors, shaving cream and post shave lotions? I could buy something useful with that money, like chocolate or that dress I keep ogling but can’t afford. Shaving’s expensive. That’s why shaving companies hair shame you all the time.
- No more confusion over razors. Do I need 4 blades or 5? How large of a moisturizing strip do I need? Can’t I just use a guy razor instead of this pink monstrosity? Yeah, it’s confusing out there. I don’t know what I really need. I just hope for the best.
- Fewer ingrown hairs. The more you shave, the more you damage the skin. This leads to painful ingrown hairs. You don’t even realize they’re there until it’s too late. Then you have to pick out the hair (which hurts by the way) and deal with an open wound for a few days. Some even get so bad you have to get them professional removed.
- Hide annoying leg flaws. Have a little cellulite or random scars? If you stopped shaving, your leg hair would hide those. Sure, it might seem awkward having hairy legs at first, but you’re happy and comfortable, so it doesn’t really matter. It’s much easier than cramming your legs into hose all the time.
- Eliminate superficial guys. Believe it or not, all guys aren’t freaked out by body hair. They find women attractive regardless of whether they’re hairy or not. Wouldn’t it be nice to snuggle up with a guy who isn’t going to push you way for being a little fuzzy? Try not shaving and you’ll quickly eliminate any superficial guys.
- You realize a healthy body image isn’t about hair. Women place far too much weight on body hair when it comes to body image. It’s your body and the hair on it doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t have to spend hours and days of your life getting rid of hair. You’re beautiful just the way you are (and yes, I did just do a shameless Bruno Mars reference).
- Fewer skin infections. Every time you shave, you’re leaving behind tiny tears on your skin. You might not even notice them. The problem is these tears are prone to any bacteria you come in contact with. It’s no wonder women who shave tend to have more random skin infections. Hence the irritation, redness and even pus filled places that happen all the time.
- No more stabbing yourself with stubbly legs. I can’t be the only one who wakes herself up by stabbing myself with stubbly legs. You roll over after not shaving for a few days and it feels like you’re being stabbed with a hundred tiny needles. It makes you want to get up and immediately shave. That all stops when you just don’t shave at all.
- You don’t itch all the time. Razor burn and skin irritations make you itch. I envy guys sometimes. If they need to adjust themselves or scratch, they just do it. Of course, we’re disgusting if we try it. So, if you don’t shave, you don’t have to fight the urge to scratch down there in the middle of the street. Wouldn’t that be nice?
So why are you still shaving? If you’re not ready to embrace the hair just yet, at least find a less painful and annoying way to get rid of the hair.