While I often drift towards McDonald’s on the rare occasion that I get fast-food, sometimes there really is nothing better than a bit of KFC. Their Original Recipe chicken just hits the spot, and you can’t beat their biscuits either. If you’re also a fan of the Colonel, you’ll be pleased to know that KFC is giving away a year’s supply of food as well as admission into the KFC Hall of Fame. I’ve never wanted to win something more!
- First things first: this is UK only. You’ll need to live in England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland to enter this competition as it’s being put on by KFC. Assuming you do, keep reading — you’ll want the details here. If you’re in the US or elsewhere, beg your local KFC to bring this contest over to you because it’s genius!
- The free KFC chicken offer is in honor of National Fried Chicken Day. It was on June 6, which is when the company announced its competition. “Have you ever penned a letter of love to the red, white and gold(en drumsticks)? Did your heart break when KFC closed its doors during lockdown… only to drown your sorrows in some (questionable) homemade fried chicken? Or maybe you’ve even collected every KFC artifact since the first UK restaurant opened its doors in 1965? If this is you, we want to know,” they wrote.
- You have to get creative when showing your KFC love. You’re not going to get free chicken for nothing. You’ll have to earn it by showing your love for the company’s deliciously juicy bird by doing something creative, whether that’s writing a poem, doing a performative dance, writing a song, etc. Those are just a few of the suggestions given by Bash the Entertainer. You name it, you can do it. The more you stand out, the better chance you have of getting picked.
- You’ll also get a ceramic KFC bucket with your picture on it. To be honest, that might be the best prize of all, especially since it’s in addition to the year’s supply of free chicken. Plus, you can keep it forever, whereas the food will be scarfed down pretty much immediately.
- You only have until July 14 to enter, so be quick! “There are no limits to prove your love for KFC’s crispy, golden chicken… be as creative as possible; whether it’s a poem, a short video or a selfie in the drive-thru, the choice is yours. No entry is too big nor too small in the Colonel’s eyes,” KFC says on their Facebook page. Head over there to enter the competition ASAP!