It’s been 15 years since Kim Kardashian’s sex tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J was “leaked” online, launching the Kardashian family into superstardom. However, Ray J is tired of keeping hush about the real details behind the tape’s release and he’s finally speaking up about what really happened. Among other claims, he says that there were three different sex tapes to choose from and that Kim and her momager Kris Jenner were behind the decision to put the tape out to the public.
Whew! Ray J kept his promise and hopped on IG live claiming Kris Jenner made him and Kim K reshoot their sex tape. 👀👀 pic.twitter.com/fvmrRjMgWR
— TheShadeRoom (@TheShadeRoom) September 11, 2022
- Ray J has a right to be mad. Despite the fact that the tape came out so long ago, it still featured as a storyline in the first few episodes of the new episodes of The Kardashians. In the show, it was claimed that Ray J had additional tapes and was threatening to release them, prompting Kardashian’s ex-husband Kanye West to fly out and bring back several laptops on which the videos were supposedly stored. However, Ray J is calling bullsh-t and telling what he says is the real story, this time on Instagram Live.
- Ray J and Kardashian dated from 2002 to 2006. The sex tape released by Vivid Entertainment, Kim Kardashian Superstar, was supposedly filmed during a 2004 vacation to Cabo. In 2007, Kardashian supposedly filed a lawsuit against Vivid to stop the tape coming out but remarkably, that didn’t work. The video was released on March 21, 2007.
- Both Kardashian and Ray-J got paid for the tape. While Kardashian’s attorney at the time, Steven Hirsch, claimed that neither Kardashian nor Kris Jenner had any part in the deal to release the photos, Page Six reports that both Ray J and Kardashian had to sign off on the deal for the release of the tape and that they were paid about $5 million. Nevertheless, Hirsch continued to claim that Kim was fighting against the release.
- Things between Ray J’s family and the Kardashians ever since. In 2008, his mother, Sonja Norwood, sued Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, and Rob Kardashian for alleged credit card theft. The case was dismissed a year later after supposedly being settled out of court. In 2013, Ray J released the track “I Hit It First,” and followed it up in 2016 with “Famous.” Both songs were obviously about his relationship with Kardashian and the infamous sex tape.
- The Kardashians episode in which Kanye supposedly brought back Ray J’s computer was the final straw. After the episode aired on April 27, Ray J spoke out, saying: “All of this is a lie smh – Can’t let them do this anymore – so untrue.” A week later, he gave an in-depth interview to the Daily Mail in which he aired out what really happened behind the scenes.
- Ray J claims he came up with the idea to put the sex tape out. According to Ray J, the release as a”deal and a partnership between Kris Jenner and Kim and me.” He floated the idea to Kim after seeing how much it did for Paris Hilton’s career, and they approached Kris about it once Kim had approved. “Once I pitched the idea to her, just playing around a little bit, that’s when she jumped on the idea, talked to her mom and it was out of my hands from there,” he said.
- He also insisted he’s never had any of the footage. Ray J claims he could never have tried to extort Kim or release an additional tape because he never had the tapes to release in the first place. “I never had a single one at my house — she had them all at her house. She’s always had all the tapes in a Nike shoe box under her bed,” he explained. He said he did give Kanye some “source materials” but that none of it was sex tape footage. Instead, it was “intimate photos and ‘mini videos'” from their relationship as well as “a lot of proof that we’ve been talking over the years.”
- The whole situation has affected Ray J’s mental health. As he said in the Daily Mail interview, “I felt suicidal because when you know something’s real and it’s true and you’re watching a whole family create an empire from a lie they’ve created, it’s heartbreaking and disrespectful to all the entertainers who have been honest and true to their craft.” He also said that the claim he’s the one who leaked the tape has cost him wrk opportunities over the years because of it.
- Kris Jenner took a polygraph test to prove she didn’t broker the sex tape deal. While she was indeed said to be tellin the truth, Ray J pointed out that the person who performed the polygraph was actually a disgraced former private investigator with a lengthy history of prosecutions for fraud. “We goin’ through receipts tonight, Kris. We goin’ through receipts tonight, Kim,” Ray J said on a September 10 Instagram Live.
- Ray J has presented quite a few alleged ‘receipts’ but insists he has more to share. “I got a lot more to show, but I’m gonna leave it at that for a minute,” he said at the end of his last broadcast. “This ain’t over.”
Ray J on one pic.twitter.com/BiQvpJ3UJi
— lizzy’s in a box (@koopa_kinte) September 11, 2022
Ray J exposes what he says is the original contract that him and Kim Kardashian signed to release their 3-part sex-tape. He claims Kim signed his deliverables then tries to compares her handwriting samples to prove his case. pic.twitter.com/85f3MPlvva
— TheShadeRoom (@TheShadeRoom) September 11, 2022