If you’ve tried everything to find a decent date and you’re always coming up short, it’s normal to get frustrated. Instead of continuing to try the same things and expecting different results—that’s the definition of insanity, by the way—why not try something completely different, like refrigerdating?
- It’s pretty much what it sounds like… sorta. Refrigerdating is a term and service devised by tech company Samsung to pair you with the perfect… appliance. That’s right, refrigerdating is all about hooking you up with the best fridge ever… and maybe a date too. I don’t know about you but I’m into it.
- So how does refrigerdating work? Basically, you sign up for the service and then upload pics of the inside of your fridge. With this info, Samsung is able to suggest the perfect fridge for you as well as connect you with other users of the service who have similar (i.e. “compatible”) fridges.
- It’s a clever marketing ploy. It’s unclear whether or not you can actually message other people, how you connect, or if that’s even the point (it’s likely not). The real point here is to sell you fridges, and given how technologically advanced appliances have become—some models can literally message you on your phone telling you that you’re out of milk because of a camera inside the fridge!—it makes sense that they’d want to capitalize on the dating app thing as well.
- Admittedly, it’s fun to see what’s in people’s fridges. If you love your food like I do, then the chance to peer into other people’s fridges to see what they have is interesting if nothing else. Something tells me that not many long-term love matches have come out of the service, especially since there were less than a dozen to rate when I logged in for research purposes, but it’s entertaining even if you’re still single at the end of it.
- If you’re desperate, it could be worthwhile. If you’re looking for love and striking out at all the usual places, who’s to say that hooking up with someone based on their fridge contents couldn’t work? Anything’s possible and you might as well explore every avenue!