There are a lot of amazing guys out there that will make you feel like the most beautiful and perfect woman on the planet. Those guys are wonderful to know and date, but unfortunately, you’re bound to come across a few that don’t make you feel as good throughout your journey to find love. If a guy you’re getting to know makes you feel like any of the ways listed below, please do yourself a favor and ditch him immediately.
- He makes you feel like he’s doing you a favor by dating you. Nobody likes a cocky guy, and if the guy you’re seeing makes you feel like he’s out of your league or taking a step down to be with you, drop him right now. You’re a total prize that any guy would be lucky to even have a chance with. Trust me, there are a million guys out there that will make you feel that way.
- He makes everything about him, including your problems. Narcissism is another super unflattering characteristic on anyone, and if he tries to turn all of the things you’re going through around so that they’re all about him, say goodbye to him. You deserve someone that will listen to you when you’re having a bad day, let you vent, and never try to make your problems about them. You deserve a supportive and sympathetic partner.
- He guilt trips you. The guy who attempts to make you feel guilty for every little thing is definitely not the type of guy you should be spending time with. If he makes you feel like you’re in the wrong for wanting to go out with friends or take some time for yourself, this is a huge red flag. Deliberately making someone feel bad for something that is totally normal is a form of manipulation and this is a tactic that is present in many abusive relationships. Don’t let yourself get involved with someone like that.
- He makes you feel like you’re an option. You should be someone’s first choice or better yet, their only choice. If some guy makes you feel like you just got lucky and he could have his pick of any woman out there, do both of you a favor and open the door for him. If he thinks he’s so great and can have anyone he wants, let him go have them. The right guy for you will make you feel like the only woman in the world because to him, you will be.
- He makes you feel like you’re expecting too much. Any guy who thinks the bare minimum is too much of a chore shouldn’t be in a relationship with anyone. It’s okay to have standards and assuming they’re not straight-up impossible to live up to, a guy should never make you feel like you expect too much when you want to stick to those standards. All that will lead to is you eventually lowering your standards and settling for something that you don’t deserve. Don’t let anyone make you feel like your standards are too high.
- He makes you feel like his love is conditional. In addition to guilt trips and narcissism, the guy that purposely makes you think that if you do one thing he doesn’t like then he’ll leave you is definitely a guy you should stay away from. This can be another form of narcissism. If he convinces you that one slight mistake or speed bump in your relationship is going to send the whole relationship crumbling, you’ll subconsciously and constantly be giving in to what he wants and doing everything you can to be perfect. This is completely unfair and ridiculous. The right guy for you would never make you feel this way.
- He makes you feel like you can’t trust him. Trust is so important in relationships, and any guy who makes you feel like you can’t trust anything he says or does is definitely not someone you should be spending your time with. Trust is something that can definitely be an internal struggle. You may lack trust in your partner because you have insecurities within yourself that you’re trying to work through. However, if your suspicions are warranted because your partner acts shady or deliberately hides things from you, that’s not something that you should have to deal with in any relationship. Your partner needs to be honest with you.
- He makes you feel like your relationship is always temporary. The guy that never defines the relationship with you and always makes you feel like what’s going on between you two has an expiration date is definitely not worth your time. A guy who is actually worth your love and attention is a guy who is going to define the relationship as quickly as he can and do everything in his power to let you know that he cares for you and wants to be with you exclusively. If your guy tends to do odd things like make plans without, refuse to leave things at your place, and not tell his family and close friends about you, it’s time to kick him to the curb. You deserve someone who wants to show you off and have you all to himself.