It’s hard to believe that it was nearly 20 years ago that the first “Saw” movie was released. The gruesome horror movie landscape changed forever in 2004, when the popular franchise began terrorizing audiences around the world. So, perhaps it’s no surprise that it’s nearly time for a tenth installment, and from the looks of the first “Saw X” trailer that dropped this week, we should all prepare to be terrified.
- So, what’s it going to be about? The premise is pretty solid (though, as usual, kind of laughably ridiculous). John Kramer seeks treatment for his terminal cancer at an experimental treatment center in Mexico. However, the staff there doesn’t cure him at all. In fact, the whole thing is one big scam.
- Needless to say, Kramer doesn’t take things very well. We see early on all the people who are involved in “treating” him, and it’s not long before we’re seeing those same faces again. Only this time, they’re not in white lab coats, they’re in a variety of torturous contraptions. Yikes!
- John Kramer is putting a twist on things this time around. The whole medical treatment thing inspires him to really switch things up when it comes to how he tortures his victims, as w can see in the “Saw X” trailer, so things are going to get even more intense than usual.
- Jigsaw’s back! Nothing else to say there, but everyone’s favorite weird-looking murder doll is back in all his glory in the “Saw X” trailer (and the movie, obviously), which is great. He provides a slight bit of comic relief (as well as a bit of creepiness) as he rides along on his tricycle. We gotta find laughs where we can in “Saw” movies.
- What else do you need to know? The “Saw” movies aren’t necessarily linear, and “Saw X” is actually set between “Saw” and “Saw II.” That means in addition to John Kramer being back, Amanda Young, his apprentice, will also be back. The script for this one was written by Peter Goldfinger and Josh Stholberg, who wrote the eighth “Saw” movie.
- It’ll be out in time for Halloween! “Saw X” will hit theaters on September 29, meaning you’ll be able to have nightmares a full month before Halloween (and you can get the anticipation up by watching the trailer a bunch until then).
- While it’s undoubtedly terrifying, longtime fans of the franchise are living for the “Saw X” trailer.” It’s everything they hoped it would be and they can’t wait to see the next installment in a couple of months’ time.
— Hunter Bolding (@HunterBVideo) July 29, 2023
That trailer for SAW X though….
We are SO back. pic.twitter.com/BO1gN1CrrN
— ussj29 🎃 (@ussj29) July 30, 2023
OH THAT SAW X TRAILER LOOKS SO GOOD. it better not have shown all the good shit beforehand.
— krimp (@Hello_Caleb) July 30, 2023
Me rewatching the Saw movies for the millionth time: pic.twitter.com/NkDq51WBpz
— Chase 🎃🔪🩸 (@ohheyitschase) July 30, 2023
seated for saw x trailer pic.twitter.com/IselDTpbwK
— JACK ⊹ ⋆ﾟ꒰ఎ ♡ ໒꒱ ⋆ﾟ⊹ (@BLIGHTEDJACK) July 30, 2023
I’ve watched the Saw X trailer approximately 34 times
— jordyn youngblood 🧜♂️ (@whyjordie) July 30, 2023
— Jigsaw (@JigsawKramerIM) July 30, 2023