New York Fashion Week is one of the premier events in the fashion world, where the best and brightest designers — okay, and some of the most outlandish — come to unveil their latest collections. There are plenty of ready-to-wear looks to choose from, but haute couture tends to be a little more… shall we say, abstract. Perhaps that’s why no one noticed when a troll donned a shower cap and a trash bag and hit the runway.
- The show was hosted by Creators Inc. Actual models were strutting their stuff down the catwalk when a hilarious guy came stomping down in red shorts with a trash bag over his upper half and a shower cap on his head.
- He knew his time was limited. In a clip of the incident posted to Instagram, the prankster looks back over his shoulder at one point to see if anyone is going to stop him. Oddly enough, no one did for a while.
- People literally clapped for him like it was serious. So brainwashed were the attendees to believe that literally anything can be considered fashion, they clapped and cheered for the troll as he walked. They didn’t at all question that this guy was literally wearing a trash bag.
- Eventually, security chased him down. It took a few minutes, but a guard realized in the end that the man was not a part of the show and was not supposed to be on stage. The uploaded video shows the guard chasing him down and dragging him from the stage. The audience doesn’t react.
- Many people believe the troll might have been YouTuber Fred Beyer. He’s known for his prank videos, which his 300,000 followers really seem to love. Beyer did share a screenshot of the uploaded video to his Instagram Story, but he hasn’t come right out and said it was him. Either way, this was hilarious!