A 32-year-old British woman is on trial for allegedly luring two 14-year-old boys back to her house and having sex with one of them after watching them playing football at a local park. Teah Vincent, from Woolaston, Gloucestershire, invited the boys into her home for a glass of water before bringing one of them to her bedroom and initiating sex, The Sun reports.
- Vincent claims she thought the boy was over 16. The mom of three admitted in Gloucester Crown Court that she had sex with the boy in October 2018 but insisted that she thought he was 16, which is the age of consent.
- Prosecutors aren’t buying it, however. Prosecutor Christopher Smyth told the court that the boys had been playing in Woolaston Memorial Hall all afternoon when Vincent, who lives nearby, offered them a drink at around 5 p.m. “They sat down at the kitchen table. Vincent said she thought she knew one of them and said to him that she understood he had a child on the way. He told her he was only 14 and was still at school,” he recalled.
- Vincent initiated the shift to sexual talk. “She then moved the conversation to talk about sex. The slightly older boy felt that Vincent was coming onto the younger one but he felt the situation was lost on him,” Smyth recounted. He went on to say that after inviting the boy upstairs, where the boy believed there would be TV or a gaming system, Vincent stripped down and initiated sex.”
- The boy knew things weren’t right, Symth said. “He knew he was underage and that there was a big age gap between them – she was more than twice his age. In the end he pushed her off, got dressed, and fled downstairs. The victim’s friend said that he’d heard sexual sounds coming down the stairs,” Symth revealed.
- One of the boy’s friends encouraged him to tell his parents. That’s when things went downhill for Vincent. She is now on trial for the crime, with her guilt yet to be determined.