Many people believe in astral projection, the idea that you can send your soul out of your body and into the universe at will. Practitioners spend years perfecting the ability and believe that with time and effort, anyone can do it. One such person is TikToker Sydney Wilson, who’s been sharing video tips on how you too can have an out-of-body experience and go “anywhere in the universe” you want. Interesting to say the least!
- Sydney believes more people need to know about this. “So I’ve only seen a few TikToks on this and I don’t know why because there needs to be more, but we really need to talk about astral projection because every person should know about this,” she says in one video. As such, she’s dedicating her feed to giving tips and tricks for anyone who might like to try it themselves.
- If you want it, you can do it. You might think that there’s no way random people can astral project and that it would take too much effort to learn if it was possible (and that’s a big if), Syndey insists that’s not the case. “It’s basically when your soul leaves your body and you have an out-of-body experience. Anyone can do it, you just have to get yourself into a really relaxed state of mind and basically think about wanting to astral project,” she explains.
- The hard part is getting your soul to leave your body. Once you do that, it can go literally anywhere you’d like, according to Sydney. “When I say anywhere, I mean absolutely anywhere… you just think about where you wanna go, and you’re instantly taken there. You can literally go to Mars,” she said.
- So how do you actually do astral projection then? “First you need to find a time where you will not be disturbed or interrupted. It makes no difference what time of day or night you choose, just as long as you know you won’t be interrupted,” Sydney offers. In addition to eating lightly in the 24 hours leading up to the projection, you’ll need to really clear your mind. “When we sit down and relax, we normally start thinking about all the things we should be doing… all these things need to be put aside before you can successfully leave your body,” she explained.
- Make sure you get comfortable. You might fall asleep during your astral projection, so Sydney suggests reclining on a couch or chair for your first attempt. Then you’ll need to uncross your arms and legs and complete a “progressive relaxation” and repeatedly tell yourself that your soul is going to leave your body. Basically, you will it to happen.
For more tips, you can check out Sydney’s TikTok feed.