Telling your parents that you take your clothes off for money isn’t easy, which is why it’s important that when you do break the news to them, you do it in the right way. A woman named Lex came up with the perfect plan, creating a PowerPoint presentation to not only let them know that she’s a stripper but to preempt any questions or concerns they might have. The special moment was captured on video by her sister, Sami, and uploaded to TikTok, where it’s garnered more than 11 million views and counting.
Lex had it all planned out perfectly. She started by telling her parents that the secret she’s sharing only affects herself and her own life and that she’s not pregnant or in danger. That alone seems to be enough to quell the immediate concerns her parents may have had.
When she breaks the news, they take it really well. Finally, Lex reveals big secret: “I’m a stripper, as in I pole dance, and I love it.” However, she goes further in answering some FAQs to put their minds further at ease.
It’s a safe environment and Lex is there by choice. In the clip, Lex explains that she loves being a stripper because it lets her express herself in a sex-positive environment. She also said that she loves the theatrical performance element of being a stripper. “It’s one of the funnest jobs I’ve ever had so I just wanted to share that with you because you deserve to know and I didn’t want you to worry so that’s why I had the FAQs,” Lex told them.
Lex’s parents’ response was the stuff of dreams. Instead of freaking out or condemning her, they actually voiced their support and appreciation for their daughter’s honesty. “I really appreciate you being forthright and sharing your life with us and I’m glad you’re powerful”. She then gave her a high-five,” her mom said. The only question her dad asked was how much money she was making. They’re the best!
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
Share this article now!