Guys don’t always display their emotions as openly as women. Because of this, sometimes it’s difficult to figure out if the guy you’re with is truly in love with you or just likes hanging out. While men may be mysterious in the ways of love, there are certain signs that reveal their true feelings. Here are a few signs he thinks you’re “The One.”
- He uses words other than “love” to describe how he feels about you. When he tells you how he feels about you, it’s so truthful you can feel it. He uses phrases like “I adore you,” and “I am so obsessed with everything about you.” In short, there’s more than one way to say you love someone. When your guy starts to use some of the phrases, you know he’s invested for the long haul.
- He wants to be seen with you. Being with you is a badge of honor for him. He wants to take you places and meet people while he’s at your side. While this may seem a little possessive at first, it’s really just that he’s obsessed with you and wants to share everything with you. He wants people to know that you’re together. It’s not because he thinks of you as some trophy to show off to his friends. It’s actually because he wants to be identified with you — to be seen as a unit, a package.
- He was the one who suggested you meet his family. Meeting the in-laws can be one of the trickiest and most terrifying milestones of a committed relationship. It can be even worse when the guy you’ve been dating for months seems suspiciously reluctant to introduce you to them. So if your boyfriend initiates that difficult and potentially awkward introduction to his nearest and dearest, chances are, he thinks you’re a keeper. Otherwise, he wouldn’t even bother putting anyone through such a nerve-wracking process.
- You catch him looking at you all the time. Sometimes, when you look over at him after you’ve been talking for a while or have been sitting in silence together, you realize he’s been gazing at you in a very particular way. It’s not just that you’re beautiful (anyone can see that). It’s that he’s literally worshipping you with his eyes. He can’t get enough of you.
- He’s a different person in bed from who he was when you first started dating. Sex at the beginning of a relationship is often all about getting to know each other’s bodies. It’s about pushing the boundaries of the best sex you’ve ever had. It’s sex between two people who are truly in love is a lot more intimate and harmonious. Men especially change their sexual behavior when they’re in love. They initiate eye contact and actually want to take it slow. The difference between love and lust is a big one. You see the signs in the bedroom before you see them anywhere else.
- He talks about you to his friends. No matter how much his friends adore you (and let’s face it, they absolutely do), they are probably sick of hearing him talk about you by now. Whenever he hangs out with them, you’re all he wants to talk about. Eventually, they complain to you about it because, you know, maybe you could try being a little less lovable or something. The surest way to tell that a guy is absolutely smitten with you is that he can’t shut up about you.
- The things he loves about you are ridiculously specific. It’s one thing to be told you have beautiful eyes or a nice butt. Those things are obvious. You’ve probably had to listen to people complimenting you on them forever. But, when a man is in love, he finds out every last detail about you. Then, he’ll fall in love with every single one. Maybe you have a perfect forehead. Or, maybe he just loves the way you breathe at the end of a really long sentence. Perhaps he just can’t even handle how perfect your laugh is when you’re watching a certain show. Either way, he loves the very core of you and it shows.
- He puts in a real effort. He is willing to take care of you when you need it and give you space when you need it. And he’ll wash the dishes in the sink and clean up after you if you really just can’t be bothered for whatever reason. If he isn’t a natural when it comes to housework or cooking or grand gestures, he made every effort to get better and became a self-taught expert on all of them. And this is all because he’s willing to put as much effort in as it takes to get you to be worthy of you.
- He wants to spend time with you in a totally non-sexual way sometimes. He just wants to be around you all the time. You both have your own lives, of course. But when you have downtime, he wants to go out and do something with just you instead of going to a party or gathering. And even if you have the best sex on the planet, he still wants to spend hours playing board games or hanging out at the park. Sex isn’t the first thing on his mind.
- He’s shown you and told you everything about himself. Men often find it harder to open up than women, so when you find yourself in a committed relationship with a man who shares his innermost secrets and fears and emotions with you, don’t take it lightly. It’s very rare for a guy to do this unless he is truly all in and can see himself with you for the rest of his life.
Signs he’s “The One” for you too
- You’re the best version of yourself with him. When you’re with him, do you feel like you could do anything? That’s a good sign. When you finally find “The One,” you feel like a superhero whenever you’re together. You feel empowered, inspired, supported, and loved. You feel like the best version of yourself, and that’s a gift.
- He feels like home to you. One of the easiest ways to tell you’ve found your person is that they feel so familiar to you and so safe that you just sort of… exhale around them. There’s a comfort there, a deep knowledge of each other that makes every minute together just feel right. You don’t take him for granted, but you sometimes forget how lucky you are to have found such a symbiotic relationship because it just feels so natural.
- You can be completely yourself around him. You don’t need to hide parts of yourself or pretend they don’t exist. With him, you’re free to be your wild, weird, wonderful self in all your glory and you know he never judges you for it or loves you any less. Flaws and all, he embraces every bit of you and it’s such an amazing feeling.
- Your communication is on point. While many couples bottle things up and skirt around sensitive issues, that’s not the case with you two. You talk about all issues, big and small, so that you can face them head-on together. This helps you overcome any obstacles easily and happily, and it strengthens your bond even more deeply. This is, without a doubt, one of the biggest signs that you’re with “The One.”
- You can’t picture your future without him in it. When you think of your life a year, five years, or even 10 years down the line, he’s in it. Even if you can’t see the specifics of what you’re doing and where you’re going, you know one thing for sure: he’s right there beside you and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
- No one makes you laugh like he does. The importance of laughter in life, and especially in relationships, cannot be overstated. So many things come up in life that are really tough and upsetting, and that’s when being able to laugh gets you through. You know you’re with the right person when he knows the perfect way to put a smile on your face every time, no matter how down you are. Hold onto him.
- Even his imperfections are lovable. Sure, some of those initially endearing quirks will at times be annoying, but deep down, you love his imperfections as much as you do those more obviously charming qualities. You never expect him to be perfect because you know it doesn’t exist and you wouldn’t want it if it did. Instead, you have a complex, complete man who you’re so fortunate to have met, and that’s pretty amazing.