Whether or not you want kids of your own, most people find babies adorable. And there’s nothing better than one of them smiles at you, especially when it happens for the very first time. There’s just such unbridled innocence and joy that you can’t help but feel good. One adoptive mom had that very experience when Baby H, her new daughter, who has Down syndrome, gave her the biggest grin in the world after being brought to her new home.
- The smile was Baby H’s first. At eight months old, she didn’t have the easiest start in life. While her specific circumstances haven’t been made public, but needless to say, those first few months were pretty tough.
- Her new mom was overjoyed. As Baby H enjoyed some tummy time, her new mom can be heard talking to her, which leads the little one to give her a brilliant smile. It was an unexpected but extremely welcome sight!
- Baby H couldn’t stop smiling once she started. “Oh, that is the cutest! Can you show me again?” her mom asks in the video. Baby H then gives another wide grin, basking in the praise, positive reenforcement, and love coming from her mom.
- Even the director of the adoption network fell in love with Baby H. Stephanie Thompson, the director of the National Down Syndrome Adoption Network, said that while she never got to meet Baby H, she did handle her adoption process and was truly moved to see how happy the little girl was. “I walk the journey with the expected parent and the child, so when I have a chance to meet them, it brings it full circle. I can’t explain the joy that it brings to me,” she said.
- Baby H clearly feels extremely happy in her new home. Her smile tells the story that she feels safe, secure, and loved. Every child deserves to feel that regardless of their circumstances.