After Amber Heard divorced Johnny Depp, she made the second worst decision of her life by getting involved with Elon Musk. They had an on-again, off-again relationship for about a year, and while you would think (er, hope?) the X CEO would move on gracefully, he decided he could capitalize on the relationship by discussing it in his new biography, penned by Water Isaacson. According to Musk, the relationship was “brutal.”
- The stars met years before they started dating. Apparently, Elon Musk and Amber Heard first met in 2013, after he saw her in “Machete Kills.” However, they didn’t actually get romantically involved until 2017, after Heard’s divorce documents were filed.
- Their relationship was initially all about work. No candlelit dinners or romantic vacations together. Instead, Their dates revolved around their jobs. Walter says in the bio that Heard flew to the Tesla factory in California to surprise Musk for his birthday, while he went all the way to the Land Down Under to see her while she was filming “Aquaman.”
- However, they did make time for a bit of intimacy. One of the biggest revelations in the book is about the time when Heard spent “two months designing and commissioning a head-to-toe costume so she could role-play” for Musk since he told her she reminded him of Merch from “Overwatch,” his favorite video game. For anyone skeptical of this story, he later shared a photo of Heard in said costume (without her permission, I imagine) on his account.
- Not everyone thought Elon Musk and Amber Heard were a good pairing. In fact, Kimbal Musk, Elon’s brother, called the actress “toxic” and “a nightmare.” Because, you know, Elon is totally sane. Kimbal added that Elon always gooes for women who are “beautiful, no question, but they have a very dark side.” Why is that? According to Elon, he’s “just a fool for love.”
- Heard and Musk broke up for good in 2017. However, the breakup wasn’t an easy one for Musk, who claimed he went through “18 months of unrelenting insanity” from the “mind-bogglingly painful” experience.
- As it turns out, the pair are still friends. They simply weren’t going to work together long-term, but it appears they’re still fond of each other despite their split. Heard said in the biography: “I love him very much. Elon loves fires, and sometimes it burns him.” Meanwhile, Musk didn’t rule out a reunion with Heard in a 2017 Instagram post, writing, “Although Amber and I did break up, we are still friends, remain close and love one another. Long distance relationships when both partners have intense work obligations are always difficult, but who knows what the future holds.”
If you’re into masochism, you can read Elon Musk’s biography, called simply “Elon Musk” (creative!) by grabbing a copy on Amazon.